The Visitor

Starise

Here is a recent composition I just completed.....ok maybe not because I keep going back to my mixes over and over again.

I'll be honest. This started out in CbB. I had an issue with my Kontakt tracks getting all mixed up when I unfroze them. I had to do some salvage work and save what I could as track exports which ended up in Studio One. That wasn't my original plan. The main mix was made in Cakewalk but I added a few more tracks and mastered in Studio One. 

I appreciate any comments. 

I will be back to listen to others work here. I had to break away for a bit and needed my ears. I'lllll be Bach.

• Like 3

Starise!  Glad you're *being honest* haha.  No, seriously this is good.  Hope you had fun making it.  @ 2:52 when you go into the two part playing,the samples sounded kind of strange.  What orchestral library are you using? I think what it is is that the samples are getting cut off somehow, so it sound electronic.  Best, David

Tom, Thank you for listening. I used the 8dio SOLO violin . They are phrases but you can tune them to your music. That was the only thing I didn't "play".  A little choppy. Yes I see what you mean there. Maybe the strings need softened just a bit.

Bjorn, Thank you for listening!  I used 8dio SOLO violin and believe it or not a strings, brass and woodwinds from SONiVOX. I picked up brass, strings and woodwinds for 20.00 US on a sale. I can thank cclarry for that ;) The cello is is the Tina Quo number one from Cinesamples. I have the number 2 but it's more legato.I had choirs in this and decided it was a bit too much so I removed them.

Tom ( DeeringAmps) . I go back to things I've made and think to myself " what was I thinking?" I really do enjoy the process though.  Glad I'm not the only one.

Douglas, Thanks man!

David,  Thanks for being honest. That's the only way we improve. I need to go back and make a few changes. I attempted it earlier today but couldn't find the place . I can tell you what is doing it. My sidechain compression is too aggressive at that place. I have brass sending a side chain to the strings. I don't think the 128 mp3 did me any favors either.

The main player here is an inexpensive SONiVOX library. FWIW. The library itself sounds pretty good all by itself. I just need to make a few things "less hot" in the mix.