Plugin & Mix $9.99 Sale

cclarry

Anyone use The Chainer?   1. First off, it looks like it is included with a VIP purchase?   2. Reading over the description, it looks like it is basically a container for ANY VST plugin??  Not just P&M plugins?

12 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The plug'n'mix bundle was my "starter set". Pretty good for covering all the bases at a decent price and then slowly expand with other plugins. For $49.99 it's a really good deal for getting started on Gear Affection (maybe less interesting for people who already have a large collection)

That's a great description. I deleted them some time ago.  I don't know if they are better than the stock DAW plugins. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mibby said:

Anyone use The Chainer?   1. First off, it looks like it is included with a VIP purchase?   2. Reading over the description, it looks like it is basically a container for ANY VST plugin??  Not just P&M plugins?

I didn't because I recall is wasn't very stable among those who tried it.

• Thanks 1

I use the Chainer from time to time to get VST's loaded in Pro Tools. Without purchasing a license for the full version it will load plug'n'mix plugins and I think others will load in demo mode (with the typical "occasional inserted noise") although my recollection may not be accurate. After purchasing a license you can load plugins from any vendor.

I have many vst-to-AAX adapters and I haven't found a single one that I'm happy with. Stability is often a problem, and usability as well. I guess that for a handful of vst's they're ok but if you have a nice collection of vst2's and vst3's, in 64-bit and 32-bit versions, and sprawling a few folders, it starts getting ugly. Compared to others, the Chainer is possibly above average, with options to either scan plugin folders and display a list of available plugins or use a simple "File Open" dialog to load the dll you want.

• Thanks 1