Same 2 guitar parts a few ticks apart.

yeto

Question

The below is some information I found on the internet. Would the below technique work related to that some guitar instrument plugins sound more like keyboards instead of guitars and I was wondering that if by using this method the guitar part would sound more "strummed" versus all the notes of a chord being played at the same time? 

"If you have more than one guitar channel, it is recommended not to play the chords at the exact
same tick, but to move one of the guitars some ticks. (app. 15 ticks in 480 ticks per quarter note
resolution, more in faster rhythms). Otherwise the rhythm will sound "mechanical". The longer
between the notes the "softer" the rhythm will be."

Thank you,
yeto

1 answer to this question

I think the quote you used is to make a VSTi guitar or other programmed sound not sound like a machine made it by varying the accuracy of when the instrument sounds referenced to the beat. 

If you have a guitar VSTi that allows you to specify each not in the chord then you can make it sound like a strum by offsetting each note in the chord by a small amount of time. This is simulating what happens with a real strum. Some VSTis already have a strum feature so you do not need to do this manually

Edited by reginaldStjohn