Keyboard shortcut for "Minimise Strip" and "Restore Strip Size"

synkrotron

I believe this is the reason they created Auto zoom (Click the Track view Views menu and select Auto Zoom). Though I must admit, I never found a good use for it.. because most times I want more than one track expanded.

I don't believe there is any shortcuts to expand tracks. I could be wrong but I've never come across them.

9 minutes ago, Astra-Ios said:

Hi,

you might find the stuff you need in ''console view'' keybinding-editor:  

1062    😄 Widen All Strrips

1063    😄 Narrow All Strips

Hi, thanks, but that is just for the vertical strips in Console View, I want to either expand or minimise the track with focus in Track View.

cheers,

andy

37 minutes ago, Astra-Ios said:

Oh, okay  -  maybe this one could help out;

Increase current track height      CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW

Decrease current track height    CTRL+SHIFT+UP ARROW

Thanks again, and sorry to be a pain, but I spotted that one and it doesn't do what I want. I was hoping there would have been a shortcut for the actions of clicking on the double arrow things to the right of the tracks in track view. Just one click and it's done, and I've already set my "optimum" track height and locked it.

Thank you for your patience ;)

cheers

andy

• Great Idea 1

Ya there's no getting around this one. Good feature request though.

I sniffed around this a bit and the only work around I could come up with is Screensets. They will save the state of the track in expanded/collapsed views.

- Using Screenset 5 collapse tracks 1 and 2. 

- Using Screenset 6 expand tracks 1 and 2.

- Toggle between Screenset 5 and 6 using the numbers (top row 1-9) on your keyboard

Its raw, but if your working with groups of tracks it might be a band aid solution. I also thought about the possibility of using a control group, but expand tracks is NOT included.

Note- I mentioned using Screensets 5 and 6 but only as an example (Though I would personally keep 1-4 open for views= PRV, Console, Exc).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Good feature request though.

Do you think it is worth raising?

Not sure if I'll bother with screensets, but thanks for mentioning it. Screensets is something that never really gelled with me and I even unbound all the keyboard shortcuts back in SONAR because I was hitting wrong keys with my big fat fingers and causing a visual nightmare haha!

cheers

andy

I know in X3 Producer there's a feature that is not on by default, called Auto Track Zoom, which is quite cool. 

Turn it on under View > Auto Track Zoom within the Track view.   Shortcut is <Shift +  Z>. 

Now, when you select any track and adjust its height all the other tracks will adjust to the same height at the same time.

It's not the same thing as a key binding for minimize and maximize, but it might actually be better that what you were looking for.

Edited by Toddskins
  • Thanks 1

There are 2 additional points to make regarding the Auto Zoom (Shift + Z) that I did not write about.  

If you select any track (thus highlighted), when you adjust that focused track's height all the other tracks will not be affected.  They will remain at the height they are while you adjust the focused track's height.  But conversely, if you adjust the height of any of the other tracks while one track remains selected they will all auto zoom in and out, but your focused track will remain at the height you had made it - thus it will not be adjusted while adjusting all the others.

Edited by Toddskins