The Cosmic Brain (Complete Parts 1 to 5)

Wookiee

Tom of @DeeringAmps has again kindly offered to host my little ditty. 

The Cosmic Brain (Complete) all five parts.

The Cosmic Brain 29' 50" By the Wookiee.

I would recommend downloading as with high internet traffic, due to all you good and sensible people staying at home to help our health service professionals, it might not stream as well as it could.

Thanks for listening.

I have revised the link as it appears to stream better but you can still download it from there to.

• Like 2

I downloaded it (462MB) and listened to it while avoiding housework. Active listening is always difficult with ambient music so I jotted some notes (again)

The 1st part:  Nice interplay of instruments, kind of playful. Might need more variation.

12 min I was ready for a change, and like I said before, this part with the soundscapes and sweeps interested me more. Nice menacing tone here.

15 min getting hypnotic
17 min back to the arps. Kind of abrupt. Maybe need more pad in the background
20 min Familiar aaaaahs and ooooohs Korg M1 I think.

23 min very nice bell melodic part. Vangelis like.  This is my favorite part    

26 min  back to the bell arps like in the beginning. IDK doesn't work for me. Purely subjective.

An enjoyable listen for my morning coffee Wookie.   Will there be a side two of that vinyl album?

• Like 1

@thegaltieribrothers Hi Paul thank you for taking time to listen to the entire piece.  I never intended to write something this long but it just kept growing and growing, I think it has found resolution.  Nice to know it chilled you out I listened to it last night on the home HiFi in Pro Logic II Music which was quite a revelation.

Thanks again.

15 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I listened to the whole thing Wookiee - quite a listening experience.  I wonder if you consider this to be your magnum opus?

Is it my magnum opus? I have know idea, possibly lets hope something else finds its way to the furry paws.  I have little control over what ends up there I just sit and noodle or tweak or create new sounds and something appears.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to the whole piece and for your kind words.