ProChannel Enhancments

Kamikaze

1. Make the ProChannel List scrollable. I still attempt the scroll every nw and again, it seems natural that it should do this already. With two screen heights in the list it's too much.

18010889_10154360049141034_4888438235573 

2. Make the list sortable, be it through plug in manager or a right click "sort list"

3. Use more Subfolders (I say more because Style dial are already in one). They are already categorized into 10 types, as my screen print shows, I chnged the icon for each type a different colour. How about right click 'view ProChannel Subfolders' or a check box in the Plug In Manager. The types are

Frequency

Dynamics

Simulation

Distortion

Time

Modlation

Imaging (not currently used but shows the developers ideas for the future)

Analysis (also currently not in use)

FX Chain

4. Have the option to insert a VST a a marker that instead of n FX chain, so you can click launch the VST GUI when you need. It's not an FX chain, it's a VST, and 'Click to open FX Chain, Open VST,scroll FX chain down to see close FX Chain icon, close FX chain , is more fiddly, than 'Open VST'.

Something like this.

14231318_10153746108406034_9020371335848

5. More partnerships with 3rd parties.

Boz Tilt (T-Bone) would work n his new Pan Knob would work great.

Klanghelm VUmeter would be nice

Kuassa was positive about the mock up I showed him. Adding his options would be more in line with the VKFX options

image.png.843c1a049e421c0f571904ec543876c4.png

image.png.1ae80c7071693e9386e9499ead83ee54.pngModulation-Bundle-whiteBG.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze
Tidying the images
  • Like 1

But you can insert in any position empty FX chains that are similar to the "normal" FX bin into ProChannel and then add the plugins there .  The only disadvantage is that they take a whole lot of space and if you minimize them, then it takes always 2 clicks to open the plugin.

6 hours ago, marled said:

But you can insert in any position empty FX chains that are similar to the "normal" FX bin into ProChannel and then add the plugins there .  The only disadvantage is that they take a whole lot of space and if you minimize them, then it takes always 2 clicks to open the plugin.

Yes, I referenced the messiness of the current system in first post. I'm an loking for a simpler, tidier and more efficient improvement.

'Click to open FX Chain, Open VST,scroll FX chain down to see close FX Chain icon, close FX chain , is more fiddly, than 'Open VST'.

The PC gui has always been kind of a "feature throwback" IMO.

Although the modules themselves sounds great and are great additions, I always felt that their workflow is bulky.

I miss the features found in the other VST plugin window, like:

• Being able to A/B two sets of settings within one module
  • Being able to load a preset in one module
  • Being able to ctrl-drag a module to other tracks
  • Being able to freely move the GUI around (especially for the QuadEQ)

In other words, I just feel like to many practical features were sacrificed in order to look like "hey... we can also sound vintage and make you feel like you're back in a classic hardware studio from the 70's" (Thanks to Roland... while they could have just made good stock VST plugins instead of having us manage two different FX signal flow... LOL...)

But... they DO sound good... so, this is just my two cents...  😉

I have a large selection of  expensive plugs that I've collected for years plus a rash of UAD plugs. I'm liking the Prochannel stuff more and more each time I use them. They're very good quality plugs. I came from Sonar Pro and didn't really get the opportunity to upgrade before Gibson went south on us.

I'd love to gain that awesome set of pro channel modules in the OPS post -were the VKFX modules  available at one time through the old Cake site?

I would gladly pay for the chance to upgrade to the full ( old SPLAT ) feature set.

I did buy mine from cakewalk they were included the full VKFX VST , but thought they were available from Overloud too. The VKFX is on Special a the moment of 49 Euros, so may be worth emailing them.

I have all the ProChannels apart from the Gate and the Softube Mix bundle of 5. I assume these still come with the bundle

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=prochannel_modules

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mix

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

I did buy mine from cakewalk they were included the full VKFX VST , but thought they were available from Overloud too. The VKFX is on Special a the moment of 49 Euros, so may be worth emailing them.

Just over a month ago I asked the support at Overloud whether the ProChannel modules were available as part of a VKFX purchase, but their answer was that the ProChannel modules were no longer available. To be honest, I was surprised by that answer. I had more or less taken that for granted that they would be possible to download separately, if not being bundled with VKFX itself.

I had a look last night and a it seems the mix bundle is no longer sold by Softube.

Just checked my Boz Hoser purchase. And I bought that direct from Boz.

So it looks like Boz is the only 3rd party ProChannel supplier at the moment.

Edited by Kamikaze

I believe Softube still includes the format for the plug-ins they created. I picked up TSAR-1R last year when they ported TSAR-1 to their modular. The Saturation  Knob also includes the PC version. Even though they stopped selling the Mix bundle the individual plug-ins are still sold.

Damn, I'm not looking or excuses to pend more money, But I'm now tempete by there passive active pack, which is on sale $59 . That focucing EQ always looked appealing.

I ws always put off by the iLok, but I accidentally boughta plg that requires iLok (Frieraum EQ) and have been tempted by another (Crystalliser), so my have to pop hat cherry.