SpitFire LABS - reorg/cleanup

TheSteven

I recently decide to clean up my Windows SpitFire LABS installations. 

I realized that I had installed some of the components (libraries) to more than one location and due to my confusion on how the installer worked I was messing things up further.
I wanted all my LABS content to be located together on my audio external drive separate from my Kontakt libraries.

First - fixing the Default Path (where new content installations will default to)
The 'Default Content Path'  in your LABS Setting is the parent folder of the 'Spitfire Audio - LABS' folder, not the folder itself - it's where 'Spitfire Audio - LABS' is to be placed or found.

Next relocating LABS content & fixing LAB's search paths.
LABS keeps its search paths in Windows in its configuration file, Spitfire.properties, on your system at this location:
     %APPDATA%\Spitfire Audio\Settings\
Just copy the above text and paste it into Windows File Explorer then you'll see Spitfire.properties along with other files.  It's just a text file.  You can open it with NotePad or your favorite text edit.

I found that this file contained search paths to every location I had ever installed LABS to;  it also had bad entries from a bug in earlier releases where the path had "\/" separating directories, for example C:\/SomeFolder\/SomeSubfolder, instead of '\\" which is currently used.

This is how, after cleanup and relocating all the libraries to my external drive, location  "D:\Audio\Big Data\Spitfire Audio - LABS"  the contents of Spitfire.properties looks on my system.

{
    "Labs": {
        "patches": [
            "D:\\Audio\\Big Data\\Spitfire Audio - LABS\\Patches"
        ],
        "presets": [
            "D:\\Audio\\Big Data\\Spitfire Audio - LABS\\Presets"
        ],
        "samples": [
            "D:\\Audio\\Big Data\\Spitfire Audio - LABS\\Samples"
        ]
    }
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have done a couple of videos about installing LABS, it can be a very frustrating endeavor for sure. Thank @TheSteven for sharing your insight on this. 

Here is the first one I did when LABS was first introduced.

Spitfire Audio LABS - How To Install
https://youtu.be/PZV8uY6ngU8

This is one I did recently but ran into problems with a few LABS titles that have since been addressed in recent updates.

Spitfire Audio LABS | Emergency Room | Live Installation Help

• Like 1