All MeldaProduction plugins updated to 14.05 and MSuperLooper released

cclarry

All MeldaProduction plugins have been updated to 14.05. It comes with several improvements, features and fixes. It is recommended to install this update. The update is free as always and you can install it simply by downloading and using the newest installer from our download page.

Additionally MSuperLooper, a powerful multitrack looper for live performances and capturing ideas, has been released. It is free for MCompleteBundle, MTotalFXBundle and MCreativeFXBundle users and now available for a no-brainer introductory price.

http://www.meldaproduction.com/downloads

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 3

MSuperLooper 81% off intro price - $21
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSuperLooper

Note:
If you're new to Melda you can get this for $11* by signing up for the Melda newsletter!
*You get 10 credits by signing up. Link is at bottom of the page on www.meldaproduction.com
You can also get a further 20% discount by using my referral code:  MELDA1548575
(Feel free to use it, or use a friend's because Melda gives them 10% credit too!)

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

I'd be happy if their installer gave the option of avoiding 32 bit even though the files are really small.  I didn't have to pay for this it does have MXXX built in.  I'm a Melda fanboy but this doesn't fall in the necessary plugin category.  Don't most DAWs have this function?

Edited by kitekrazy

On 4/21/2020 at 1:59 AM, kitekrazy said:

I'd be happy if their installer gave the option of avoiding 32 bit even though the files are really small.  I didn't have to pay for this it does have MXXX built in.  I'm a Melda fanboy but this doesn't fall in the necessary plugin category.  Don't most DAWs have this function?

It does have all those fx built in, so you can use them without having to buy anything else AFAIK. DAWs can do something similar, but I find it hard to work with and not as fun. I found there was much more stop and go in a DAW. 

I just looked and it doesn't come with all the effects. It works like MXXXCore. The effects that you've bough previously are unlocked, but others aren't. Some basic FX are included though. I have to total bundle, so for me it looked like everything was unlocked. 

On 4/20/2020 at 7:29 PM, Grem said:

Great video as always @Chandler. And you are right, that video gave me enough info to  get my mind going about what I could do with that thing! 

@User 905133 I always use Melda's VST3 in CbB.

Thanks. I want to do more videos about this that are a little more interesting, but I felt this needed some explanation of how to just open it and get started making music quickly. 

Edited by Chandler
fx info
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reassurances about Melda VTS3 plug-ins working in Cakewalk. I asked because I have been exploring some possible issues I have had recently.  In another forum (KVR) it was noted that the plug-ins use some OpenGL routines.  Since my PC is an older model, it doesn't have the ability to use many newer OpenGL routines.  I like the Melda plugins I have used so far and will be looking into updating my graphics abilities.

Thanks also for the SuperLooper video!!!

Edited by User 905133
to add two missing words.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

it was noted that the plug-ins use some OpenGL routines.  Since my PC is an older model, it doesn't have the ability to use many newer OpenGL routines.

I kept bumping into this issue with my old craptop DAW with various companies. In fact, the dev working on Evintide's New Fangled Audio Equivocate put an "OpenGL" option on there after I reported my problems. I am forever an Eventide fan because of that. He was totally awesome.  :)    But I never had that problem with any of Melda's plugins that I've used...

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:29 AM, kitekrazy said:

I'd be happy if their installer gave the option of avoiding 32 bit even though the files are really small. 

I wish Meldaproduction had an option to NOT install 32bit versions. 

The way I get around this is I specify the Windows temp folder as the destination for Meldaproduction's 32bit plugins.  This folder gets cleared as part of maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

AAS installer created Vstplugins folder even in c:\program files\native instruments

I'm telling you go check there...

Edit: if you're on 64bit windows dont forget the 'program files (x86)' folders as well

Edited by chris.r
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, chris.r said:

AAS installer created Vstplugins folder even in c:\program files\native instruments

OMG, thank you! On my system, it just had the AASplayer .dll, but that is craziness. It does lend credence to my hypothesis that their installer just looks for the string "vstplugins" and slaps copies of the .dll's in the folder. Or who knows, maybe it has a database? All known plug-in locations.

I think I'm going to start a spreadsheet or some other way to start tracking this, because it's not good to have multiple copies of plug-ins scattered all over the place. You need to make sure that your DAW is scanning the correct one in the correct order, and the VST thing is weird enough without confusing matters. I have my system's policy down to: 64-bit VST3's only when they are available, then 64-bit VST2's when the VST3 is not. That's just for tidiness's sake, not out of any preference for the silly VST3 format. Everything else is search and delete. Duplicate VST2's when I already have the VST3 installed included.

So far I have run into zero issues with just deleting the spurious VST2 .dll's, 32-bit versions, AAX versions, RTAS(!) versions that these installers dump on my precious SSD. I'm shopping for a 500G SSD right now, but I still don't care for shovelware in any form, from any source. I'll take their install shell, that's all in the game, but I'd really rather it didn't make me hunt down and delete all the "trial" copies of their entire catalog (cough T-Racks cough).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Reminds me I need to write a post-Melda installer cleanup script to delete all the 32-bit cruft.

The more challenging task will be the post A|A|S installer script. If ever there were a nervous nellie installer....

Melda only takes up 8.2mb and that's 80 plugins.

The worst one is NI.  If you delete the 32 bit you can't update your 64 bit versions.

It's the principle, kite. 😄

I'm a Meldamoonie, All Hail The Grand Vojtech, but even The Great One cannot force me to keep 32-bit plug-ins on my SSD.

Regarding NI, on my systems, it makes me install them both anew and then I have to delete the 32-bit one all over again. Worth it. Principle. Also, what I said about confusing hosts' scanners. Every host maintains a database of every plug-it scans, and these scans take time at start-up. If I have an idea, I want to get it down quickly.

Also, speaking of NI cruft, their installer puts the drivers for their hardware controllers on your system whether you own the controllers or not. So that's another cleanup task I do from time to time, check with Process Explorer to see if I have the NI drivers running and go in and disable them if I do.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, mibby said:

I kept bumping into this issue with my old craptop DAW with various companies. In fact, the dev working on Evintide's New Fangled Audio Equivocate put an "OpenGL" option on there after I reported my problems. I am forever an Eventide fan because of that. He was totally awesome.  :)    But I never had that problem with any of Melda's plugins that I've used...

Thanks for this!!  Previously I had discovered that SampleTank 4 uses OpenGL 2 [a minimum requirement] and therefore doesn't work at all on my Audio PC.  It does indeed work on my OpenGL 2-capable laptop. So, today I tested some Melda plug-ins on my laptop.  They don't have the issues I have on my Audio PC.  For doing music, I have a few easy work-arounds so I can use the Melda plug-ins 🙂 .  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

It's the principle, kite. 😄

I'm a Meldamoonie, All Hail The Grand Vojtech, but even The Great One cannot force me to keep 32-bit plug-ins on my SSD.

Regarding NI, on my systems, it makes me install them both anew and then I have to delete the 32-bit one all over again. Worth it. Principle. Also, what I said about confusing hosts' scanners. Every host maintains a database of every plug-it scans, and these scans take time at start-up. If I have an idea, I want to get it down quickly.

Also, speaking of NI cruft, their installer puts the drivers for their hardware controllers on your system whether you own the controllers or not. So that's another cleanup task I do from time to time, check with Process Explorer to see if I have the NI drivers running and go in and disable them if I do.

Oh I know.  I like an lean OS drive and I'm constantly exploring what's using more space than necessary. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I had discovered that SampleTank 4 uses OpenGL 2 [a minimum requirement] and therefore doesn't work at all on my Audio PC

Oh, no, I am really digging SampleTank 4 CS. Lots of useful free content, and it doesn't crash hosts like 3 did. Stick a cheapo nVidia card in that thing?

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I like an lean OS drive and I'm constantly exploring what's using more space than necessary.

Remember this one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/950683/vcredist-from-vc-2008-installs-temporary-files-in-root-directory.

Vojtech loves to run that Visual C++ runtime installer and it leaves that scat behind in the root.

BTW, don't know if I've seen it mentioned, but he's letting everyone subscribe to the whole Meldaproduction catalog for 3 months for free. I'm getting to see what all the fuss is about with the more expensive stuff.