Soldier's Heaven

David Sprouse

Paul and Noynekker thank you for listening.  It means alot to have one's songs heard.  Noynekker  it's interesting that you think it's mahler-ish  the 5th and adagio from 10th are two of my faves.  Paul I try to create a piece that takes the listener from here to there.  Doesn't always work, but glad it worked for you.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:48 PM, David Sprouse said:

Paul and Noynekker thank you for listening.  It means alot to have one's songs heard.  Noynekker  it's interesting that you think it's mahler-ish  the 5th and adagio from 10th are two of my faves.  Paul I try to create a piece that takes the listener from here to there.  Doesn't always work, but glad it worked for you.

Hi David . . . I think I heard reflections of the Scherzo  from the 5th when I was listening. It’s music I haven’t heard for a while, but  always stays with me.

Hynpotic and fascinating all the way through.

Like Tom, I found the second half more arresting and more unpredictable, which is an element I really enjoyed. But overall, very nice work. I'm curious if you composed all this on paper first, or it came together during the recording of the parts, or how you created the music. 

Thanks,

Rob