Soldier's Heaven

David Sprouse

Starise, good point about the left panning.  I'm not sure how it got so far to the left.   NOt atonal, but the harmony is really unconventional and all mine!  Here's another one with similar harmonies,    Lullaby Thanks for listening and commenting.

Edited by David Sprouse

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I studied the various modes (modalities?) that are around, but this is like a roller coaster ride through several of them.  It all makes sense to me, and this is quite a production.  I wonder what a wider dynamic range between the parts would sound like.  Well, maybe not.  Gotta listen some more, good job!

Douglas:  thanks for your ears and eyes.

Lynn:  It is a little *out* in the harmonic sense.  The piano definitely  more dynamic range.  With wider dynamic range, I can't get the loudness up.  I normalise to -12 lufs but sometimes it's just too quiet.

David . . . thank you for posting this. It's a very interesting, unpredictable listen, and I enjoyed it very much.

I especially like the orchestration techniques you've used here. It made me think of one of my fav composers, Gustav Mahler

I dont know really what to say i´m not an expert on clasical music although Ive listened to popular ones often , so all i can say is this piece took me by surprise and through many emotions happy, sad , and everything in bewteen ,  thanks david I liked it a lot,         just makes one want to listen to it  again to find out more ...