Plugin Alliance Essentials Bundle

cclarry

$10 a month

+ GET A $99.99 VOUCHER CODE AFTER 1 YEAR!

If you want our ESSENTIAL Sound & Quality without having to learn & pay for ALL our plugins, this hand-picked collection may be just the perfect solution for you. Sign up now, cancel anytime!

TMT Consoles, M/S Mastering, Analog & Digital Virtual Instruments, Guitar & Bass Amps, Modular Effects, Reverb & Delay, Saturation...

40 Plugins & 40 additional Modular Effects. And growing over time!

No Commitment | $10/mo* | Cancel Anytime!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

For a sub it's a great deal.

Agreed.

I'll give them this, they never gave up on that subscription plan. And looking at these plugins that are included, I gotta give 'em props, that's a good deal. I went and read the terms, and they say that if they remove a plugin from the bundle, they will give you a forever license for free so that you can still open projects made with that plugin. Not a bad deal there. 

I'm not for a plugin subscription. But if I was just getting into this, I have to admit this would look attractive.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Agreed.

I'll give them this, they never gave up on that subscription plan. And looking at these plugins that are included, I gotta give 'em props, that's a good deal. I went and read the terms, and they say that if they remove a plugin from the bundle, they will give you a forever license for free so that you can still open projects made with that plugin. Not a bad deal there. 

I'm not for a plugin subscription. But if I was just getting into this, I have to admit this would look attractive.

You get about 90% of your money back to permanently buy the plugins of your choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davydh said:

You get about 90% of your money back to permanently buy the plugins of your choice.

I was wondering what you could do with the $99 voucher. Will you be able to use it on the next subscription? What's the purchase requirement to use the voucher? IOW, what strings are attached?

In fact, that' why I went to read about it on the website and saw the other info. But nothing on the strings attached to the voucher.

edit: Thinking more about this, I wouldn't hesitate to recomend this plan to someone new to mixing/mastering and was wanting to try some stuff out. You could get this plan, then take some lessons read some books on how to use these tools over the course of the year. You could get some extremely good experience in that year using some top notch plugins. And for that price... it's a really good deal. 

You get the Neve and SSL console strips. You also get two great Lindell plugins, along with the 3 SPL plugins. Oh and the Townhouse and the Blackbox. You could get your money's worth out of that.

I could see many more ways others would be inclined to use this plan. This subscription plan could catch on. It's hard to deny the value for your money on this one. Even without the $99 voucher.

Edited by Grem
  • Great Idea 1

Hm, I personally cannot see any problem with subs especially low priced as it can be just canceled after month or anytime with just 1 month pay risk. So it could be very interesting... But...

But this specific sub has two big disadvantages for me...

1. They are fixed collection and pre-selected by PA guys what not necessary refers to my personal taste (some of those collection tested and completely not impressed). So telling 40 or whatever number is just marketing... The real number is related to plugins you would use... As always... Not all of PA plugins are at the same quality unfortunately...

2. I have a lot of PA stuff already so from whole that collection only 2 plugins are interesting for me so $10/month to use 2 plugins I like... Well, definitely it is not intended for those of us who are heavily armed with PA plugs...

It would be another story if - PA, are you watching to our forum? ;) - it would be any 40 plugs picked by subscriber...  Of course it would be even more welcome if possibility to change picked plugs at least once per month granted :)

4 hours ago, Grem said:

I was wondering what you could do with the $99 voucher. Will you be able to use it on the next subscription? What's the purchase requirement to use the voucher? IOW, what strings are attached?

In fact, that' why I went to read about it on the website and saw the other info. But nothing on the strings attached to the voucher.

edit: Thinking more about this, I wouldn't hesitate to recomend this plan to someone new to mixing/mastering and was wanting to try some stuff out. You could get this plan, then take some lessons read some books on how to use these tools over the course of the year. You could get some extremely good experience in that year using some top notch plugins. And for that price... it's a really good deal. 

You get the Neve and SSL console strips. You also get two great Lindell plugins, along with the 3 SPL plugins. Oh and the Townhouse and the Blackbox. You could get your money's worth out of that.

I could see many more ways others would be inclined to use this plan. This subscription plan could catch on. It's hard to deny the value for your money on this one. Even without the $99 voucher.

I say no to subs.

You want to try something out?  Many options on the market with fairly long trial periods.  

You want to add something to the tool box?  Tons of cheaper or almost free options.  

$5 or less for Computer Music Magazine and that would give months worth of testing alone (and keepers).  Melda Free bundle, these free or Cheap Izotope offers (Neutron Elements, Ozone Elements, and PhonexVerb - right there gives a rather insane amount of control at some of the highest quality available).  

Most in the bundle I'd call "filler" where you can get a free option that is just as good, and limited use.  (ex:  tube screamer plugin, I don't even want to use the real thing, let alone a digital simulation of one)

• Like 1

I personally prefer rent to own but they usually don't do actual deals in this. The way I look at it, I look at plugins I bought a decade ago and most I no longer even use. This type of subscription gives a lot of plugins that would cost thousands for a cheap price and I could use them only as long as I need or as long as they are relevant to modern production then cancel and move on to new things or maybe they will swap them out. Either way, $120/yr isn't bad for something like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

this one is hard to avoid. I am not into subs, fearing if I cancell it and 3 years from now I have to open an old project, what if the sub model is over?
Nevertheless I only have 2 of the plugs from the bundle, so I am in :D

This 'issue' is overdemonized...  Solution is very simple and used by pros for years... If project is done just print your tracks with effects into stems and that's all.

If you wanted to remix the project after some years you would most likely use your favorites plugins at that time - not those used years ago (otherwise you would have still using them, right? ;) 

To keep all old plugs working you would also to freeze your OS or pay for updates (not every brand has Melda's policy) but what if you would like to buy new super speed machine to run zylion plugins... Etc...

Fear about subs will be not possible in some years si similar to fear about your plugin you won stop work after some updates, manufacture will consider it obsolete without support or maybe new version of plugin working on updated for some reason (new device drivers not working)  is not setting compatible and remixing is necessary, brand can disappear in a few years and kept version not working anymore as license server is not working etc... Zylion things can happen in future...

I know, subs haters could feel need to crash me for what I have written, but please have mercy ;)  I belong to both sides :)
I have Slate sub (and very happy of that)
and own zylion of PA, Waves, etc  plugins (unfortunately many of them are not used by me so it was huge waste of money - could buy easily hw gear instead of it).

We can continue the discussion in some years later to see what fears actually are right... Not trying to convince anybody who is not-convince-able about it. ;)
I am not payed by any subs devil ;)

Anyway I like to own plugins because I am heavily infected by GAS and collectors syndrome but the more I am thinking and calculating about money spent, well... And more new great plugins are coming...

Everyone has her/his own preferred model and money to spend so we are picking the choice we like and believe the more... 

Just it is efficient and wise to be aware of all sides of the thing...  Especially for not very experienced  guys it is  good to consider all possibilities in their situation not just follow 'the only good way' because everybody on forum hates subs...   Kind of similar to discusses about top-down mixing ;)  Some people believe it is most efficient way and the others quite opposite :)

Music is goal, plugins are only tools...

It is important to ensure business continuity after years and if anybody feels it is for her/him the only way to own everything  what used for any project and can afford it so its her/his choice.

Subs are making possibility for people like like hobbyists and small  home studios to get for small money all plugs from manufactures at once without heavy investment...  And without big risks... Don't need to worry about selling or paying for updates...

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I personally prefer rent to own but they usually don't do actual deals in this. The way I look at it, I look at plugins I bought a decade ago and most I no longer even use. This type of subscription gives a lot of plugins that would cost thousands for a cheap price and I could use them only as long as I need or as long as they are relevant to modern production then cancel and move on to new things or maybe they will swap them out. Either way, $120/yr isn't bad for something like this.

Melda does this but it's on everything they own.

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

Everyone has her/his own preferred model and money to spend so we are picking the choice we like and believe the more... 

I agree! thanks for the feedback.
can't help to think that is a very good way to invite pirates to join a pay system and support developers. I am from a 3rd world country  where NO ONE buys soft, even big studios download cracked soft. And that happens all over the world. I believethis kind of system can bring some bucks that where never on the table
:D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Piotr said:

Not trying to convince anybody who is not-convince-able about it.

And neither am I. Just stating what looks obvious to me.

I have dogged PA ever since they came out with this subscription plan/bs. But after looking at this plan and the plugins included, I got to give them props for a good plan.

To be honest, if more plugin companies did this, the playing field might change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnoldoo said:

I agree! thanks for the feedback.
can't help to think that is a very good way to invite pirates to join a pay system and support developers. I am from a 3rd world country  where NO ONE buys soft, even big studios download cracked soft. And that happens all over the world. I believethis kind of system can bring some bucks that where never on the table
:D

People that are going to avoid paying for legit software at all costs are not going to rent software at $120 a year.    Especially when the bundle doesn't offer much of value that you could get for the same price and own outright for less.

Take 2 years of rental for example.  I could buy more  VST effects than I'll use in a lifetime for less than $240 with Larry's help.  

Just look at the soundspot model.  2 months worth of payments here and you could basically own everything they have made.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Piotr said:

This 'issue' is overdemonized...  Solution is very simple and used by pros for years... If project is done just print your tracks with effects into stems and that's all.

If you wanted to remix the project after some years you would most likely use your favorites plugins at that time - not those used years ago (otherwise you would have still using them, right?

Right!

Committing changes is a tough thing to learn. I've seen an interview with Eddie Kramer, where he mentioned this as a necessity of 70s' studio workflow. Got me thinking that revisiting and readjusting processing isn't always a great idea. I'm yet to start exporting stems for mixing, though.

Edited by Soundwise
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

And neither am I. Just stating what looks obvious to me.

I have dogged PA ever since they came out with this subscription plan/bs. But after looking at this plan and the plugins included, I got to give them props for a good plan.

To be honest, if more plugin companies did this, the playing field might change.

Many do have subs but it isn't their only model.  I doubt the playing field will ever change.