ProChannel and Older Cakewalk Effects

Eric Joseph

I was a Cakewalk Sonar user for a long time. I remember a lot more plugins/effects.

Did BandLab acquire these effects from Gibson/Cakewalk when they bought Cakewalk?

Are they part of the download through the desktop app?

If so, where do I find them or download them?

Will BandLab be adding Effects both VST and ProChannel to Cakewalk in the future?

What I currently have access to in Cakewalk by BandLab seems limited and I know it is less than what I used to have with Sonar.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

Eric

AFAIK, BandLab purchased the IP for all Cakewalk products.

Cakewalk by BandLab is the only product released so far.

BandLab has not mentioned any plans regarding the rest of the purchase since the release of CbB.

Those who own old Cakewalk products are encouraged to install them.

Installing old Cakewalk plug-ins may be done at anytime using the advanced install option in SONAR installers.

Installing the SONAR DAW or full versions of SONAR should be done prior to installing CbB.

Thanks for the reply. I was in the process of typing this when you replied. 

Again thanks.

I thought as much.

Question: I see you stated that I should install the older product first.

Could it still work if I already have CbB installed?

Just to add to the above question.

Here is one of the old Cakewalk website pages I found while looking for these modules and effects.

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/by-category/prochannel-modules

And a screenshot.

image.thumb.png.e26cad17b78e8b3aa572a0022999f332.png

Plug-ins may be installed any time using the advanced install option in SONAR X3 and older.

SONAR Platinum bundled its plug-ins in separate installers so those too may be installed at any time.

Products sold separately such as the PC modules in the image above and synths may be installed at any time.

The only time installation or matters is installing the actual SONAR DAW. When installing the SONAR DAW or a full version of SONAR, CbB must be installed after it so that the shared libraries are the correct CbB versions. In order to install SONAR after CbB is installed - uninstall CbB using BandLab Assistant, run the SONAR installer, reinstall CbB using BandLab.

The only plug-in that requires the DAW be installed is V-Vocal because V-Vocal is not listed separately in the X2 and older advanced install plug-in pick list.

Regarding the PC modules in the image above

• Boz Digital recently had the +10db (the David Bendeth Signature Compressor is part of this bundle) and Hoser XT bundles on sale. These bundles still contain their PC modules.
  • Overloud Vintage Keyboard FX PC modules are unavailable. While the bundle is still sold by Overloud, the PC modules were only available when this product was purchased from the Cakewalk store.
  • Softube Mix Bundle is no longer sold by Softube but the PC modules are still included when purchasing the individual plug-ins.
  • The other three are Cakewalk products.