Multiple MIDI Interface Problem

spiffo

Hi, I've got 2 MIDI Interfaces on my system which are a iConnectivity mio10 and a mioXM.

Windows 10 (64bit) is reporting the Ports with the same names, because if I go into MIDI-OX I can see 2 of  DIN 1,2,3 & 4 in the Input and Output Windows, which is correct?

If I run up Cakewalk though when I go into MIDI Devices I can see there are two of DIN 1,2,3 & 4  but only one copy of DIN 5,6,7,8,9 &10 in the Inputs Window. But there is only one set of DIN Ports in the Outputs Window, DIN 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10.

So somewhere 4 Output Ports have gone missing!

Can anyone who runs multiple MIDI Interfaces shed some light on this for me?

OK, I think I have solved it.

I've used the iConnectivity Auracle Software to rename every Port I could find to something unique, and those Port Names now seem to show up in Windows so I can identify everything.

A couple of reboots and now I can see all the Input and Output Ports in Cakewalk with unique names, I still have the old problem of all the Ports being out of order in Cakewalk and no way to re-order them?

10 hours ago, spiffo said:

...I still have the old problem of all the Ports being out of order in Cakewalk and no way to re-order them?

Hi spiffo,

You can use friendly names and rename your inputs and outputs in Cakewalk. 

Kind regards,

tecknot