Video not showing at the screen

Castor Castro

Question

Dear friends, i have a trouble with video playing inside the DAW.

I has imported a video into a cakewalk project.

It opens ok, imports the audio, i can see the frames in the video track,

When i play the project,  can hear the audio playing, but it doesn´t show the video playing real time. It only shows a black window, and the number counting

I thought that it could be a issue with the video format. I tried to create different types of video,

Then i imported it as a MP4 file (in 3840 and 720) , as AVI file ( 320 or 720 HD), but it doesn´t show the video images anyway.

I changed the options for showing the video (adjust to window / original size / full screen etc.) but no solution.

Thank   you for your advises.

Cástor, Ourense (Spain)

screen.png

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your help. I have installed both Vlc player and k-lite codec pack.

But certainly i had also troubles playing the video files in WM player and VLC player. 

Then, i will try to reinstall k-lite codec pack and see if it works, 

All the best,

Cástor

23 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

If VLC player struggles, there is something wrong with the file. You say you experimented with different formats earlier. If you still have copies of them, see if you can find one that plays in WM. That will play in Cakewalk.

Thank you for your help. After different codecs reinstalls i even wasn´t able to play any kind of video in Windows nor in the VLC player.

At last, i reinstalled the newest drivers for the AMD Radeon graphics card in my laptop, and too the CCCP Combined Comunity Codec Pack, and at least the videos in Windows are playing. 

I only tried one time more in Cakewalk and it didn´t show the video images again. But i tried the video in Protools and it plays correctly, hen i begun working in Protools DAW.

I will try videos in Cakewalk next time,

thanks, 

Cástor , Ourense