Sign in to follow this  
fpoir

FlyingHand Percussion 70% off

Need a good percussion library and been waiting for Shimmer Shake Strike to go on sale as I’ve demo’d and is perfect.  Any comparisons to this library? Anyone own and recommend?

I would suggest that Shimmer Shake Strike and Flying Hand Percussion might be complementary but are quite different. SSS provides a lot of high frequency  percussion patterns and rolls, well recorded and easy to use/insert into a track. Flying Hand Percussion has a number of comprehensively sampled low end drums, that would best suit someone who wants to play their percussion parts via a keyboard. Just my opinion but there is not much overlap in their purposes nor how they might be used.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gnarls said:

I would suggest that Shimmer Shake Strike and Flying Hand Percussion might be complementary but are quite different. SSS provides a lot of high frequency  percussion patterns and rolls, well recorded and easy to use/insert into a track. Flying Hand Percussion has a number of comprehensively sampled low end drums, that would best suit someone who wants to play their percussion parts via a keyboard. Just my opinion but there is not much overlap in their purposes nor how they might be used.

Great, that’s exactly what I wanted to know thanks! It’s SSS that I will wait for, their pattern generator thing is great