No Sound: UVI Orchestral VST Plug-in

Dietrich Seaman

Just got Cakewalk working and quickly discovered that the VST plug-ins that came with it would stop sounding if I imported a MIDI track.  Read a nice post here by Syphus that helped get that working (eliminate NRPN events in the MIDI list).  So I sprang for a nice UVI Orchestral plug-in, hoping to use some better sounds.  But when I load the soft synth, I get sounds from the keys in the pop-up window, but none when I play from the associated MIDI track (where the meters are bouncing).  I have checked the routing and it is correct.  I can get the SI-Strings VST plug-in to play the MIDI data, but not the UVI.  And I did set the VST properties to Not Intercept NRPN messages.  Any thoughts?

SOLVED! (I get to answer my own question.)

After some poking around, I found a MIDI input setting in the synth window.  You apparently need to select a MIDI channel to receive on, but since the MIDI track supplying the data has no designated channel, I selected OMNI and the synth worked!  Need to find out if that continues to be true as I add more tracks.