My System Memory Usage is very high and will not go down

Sean Lawton

For over a week i have been trying to find a way to send audio to obs to help instigate a 'Facebook Live' however, of recent when I have tried my system usage has becvome really high. My computer is running windows 10 and I altered the bit rate and driver settings but nothing is lowering it and it is frequently leaving me with crackles and moments of audio dropout, any advice?

From Control Panel >Administrative Tools> Services you can see what all is running,  filter out the misrosoft stuff, then kill any services you don't need, as well as seeing the associated performance with each service.

From a Windows command prompt you can run "msconfig" and see what stuff actually loads on a system restart.  You can kill or disable anything there that is stealing your CPU cycles and RAM  without benefit. 

Edited by StudioNSFW

The lowest load practical is to run in Safe mode with drivers loaded.  Whether that will mess up your signal chain to OBS or not - I dunno.  OBS is on a different system here. If you're running out of RAM trying to hit a core functionality of a system, you really need to consider adding RAM to that system.  Turning off unused services is about as good as it gets, I think.