EZBass Preview Video

cclarry

51 minutes ago, paulo said:

You've obviously never worked in a marketing dept.😉

Actually I have been a movie publicist for over 45 years.  These days I often teach marketing. 

I closed my company long ago, but if I was pitching this account...

I would explain that many people had tried to make a great bass virtual instrument, but they had finally solved all the issues, and added the features that made it work.  They had spent ** years solving all the problems.   You can't make the claim that people should buy your product over the competition if you say that there are no other products.  ujam isn't exactly an obscure product, even if you don't own one.  

IMHO the ujam basses are the best things they sell.  I doubt I am the only one who thinks that.  And if you think about it, they are kind of saying to ujam owners that you think they are too dumb to notice how ridiculous this claim is.

You could say that there would be expansions brought out in every genre. They may think that doesn't need to be said, because they are thinking only of the people that already know about Toontrack.  That's thinking small.  Marketing is about using this product to get people who have never purchased from them before.  So show people what is coming.  That makes the better investment over the competition. This is what's coming.  Your bass virtual instrument will just keep getting better and better.   Again, this helps a noob choose between toontrack and ujam.

One of the most popular YouTubers is the bass-obsessed Davie504, who has over 6 million followers.  His videos usually get a million views.  He would probably hate this product, but maybe a beef battle could be fun.  A war.  And you would reach an international audience of bass players in one very inexpensive marketing deal. 

This is off the top of my head. 

While politicians lie and it works for them somehow, my years of experience have shown that it is better to respect the people I want to buy stuff and tell them  the truth.  That way I can keep coming to them with the next thing.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, paulo said:

You've obviously never worked in a marketing dept.😉

No he must not have!! 😁

edit: OMG! He's one of them!! : )

Just kidding of course Reid!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, Bapu said:

I'm waiting in line to hear from someone on how it was not EZ to learn cuz it has 5 strings.

I didn't get the joke, so I'll reply to this as is.

Switching from normal 6-string guitar to 5-string bass was quite a challenge indeed. Took me about half a year to fully embrace the extended lower range, particularly the extra bottom string.

Edited by Soundwise
typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

Switching form normal 6-string guitar to 5-string bass was quite a challenge indeed. Took me about half a year to fully embrace the extended lower range, particularly the extra bottom string.

A four string bass would have taken 20% less time?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

I think you're right! That green, leisure suit wearing liar!

You are correct.  I am not a frog.  Tiger was created for a short film I wrote and directed called "Tiger: His Fall & Rise" starring the late Adrienne Shelly.

Adrienne-with-Tiger.jpg.306eb399b4defb81f450c76730e1030f.jpg

But I am a good guy as a movie publicist.   I've represented people like Jim Jarmusch, Pedro Almodovar, Ang Lee,  Agnes Varda, Errol Morris, Lisa Cholodenko, etc.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4