EZBass Preview Video

cclarry

10 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

That is a Crappie. Related to Sunfish and Bass. great eating

I was going to say that there is no amount of money that could make ever me want to eat something called a crappie, but as we all know when we say that there probably is - everyone has their price.

I don't know how much my price would be though because I don't know how much money would be in a pile big enough that I could climb it to the moon.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, paulo said:

*cough*   melodyne  * cough*

😷

Exactly what I was thinking. : )

Superior Drummer 3 has Audio to Midi conversion. You see the price of that program.

I am thinking they are surely gonna want over $200 for it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grem said:

Exactly what I was thinking. : )

Superior Drummer 3 has Audio to Midi conversion. You see the price of that program.

I am thinking they are surely gonna want over $200 for it. 

I was thinking more along the lines of if I've already got melodyne why do I need it? 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

I have a good amount of traits that disqualify me from being a bass player

I don't drool

when I smoked, I bought my own  cigs

I never tried to "gain access" to the singers girl friend

I changed strings

Excellent and all tell-tale signs - especially #3 & #4

I'm guessing you also don't wait at the door when you visit because you know when to come in. Oh no, hang on, that's the vocalist not the bass player. 😉😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Gas on ... that said , i still think about getting myself areal bass and learn the basics ...

That's the best way in the end. What I do is I program a rough bass part with MODO bass, then at the end break out the bass guitar learn it and and replace it. EZBass should add a little spice into that mix.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 4/17/2020 at 4:53 AM, Jim Roseberry said:

The ability to drag drum/guitar parts into EZBass... is a whole different animal.

For complex "tutti" type parts, that could save a lot of time/effort!

Even if you prefer recording real electric bass, it would still be useful to (quickly) map out parts.

Exactly!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Then there will be EZBass packs to buy.....

Geddy Lee

Victor Wooten

Chris Squire

Jack Bruce

Stanley Clarke

Jaco Pastorious

et. al.

I was thinking more in the line of Basses.  Alembic, Yamaha, Warwick.... Even different type of stand up basses.

Maybe have Geddy playing a stand up bass!! Yeah! I could see that! : )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulo said:

I was going to say that there is no amount of money that could make ever me want to eat something called a crappie, but as we all know when we say that there probably is - everyone has their price.

I don't know how much my price would be though because I don't know how much money would be in a pile big enough that I could climb it to the moon.

Lol,unfortunate spelling for sure. Pronounced crop e

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

Lol,unfortunate spelling for sure. Pronounced crop e

It's actually a pretty good tasting fish. We used to haul a bunch out of Lake Mendota on the UW-Madison campus. We'd set up a table across our open apartment door, and get several electric frying pans going. We used the water-based Aunt Jemima's pancake mix (substituting beer for water) for a batter, and gave it away. We always had a line at the door after a big catch, so plenty of other fans of crappie!

183030d1419280023-wi-crappie-pics-upload

• Like 3

I'm not saying it's not a game-changing no-brainer insta-buy, but...  is this really "The Market's First Bass Software of its Kind"?  🤔

What about ujam's Virtual Bassist?   Yes, it isn't exactly the same (and this has many new cool features)  but it is the same kind of thing, and it's been around long enough to have released a second version.   While the Toontrack  is arguably "better," the ujam basses can be played live, at the same time as the guitars, so you can work out combinations by ear in real time.  A different take.  Worth having both of them, in my book.

Steinberg's Virtual Bassist?

The virtual bassist that came in Sonar doesn't include many patterns, but it is still a virtual bassist.

The riffer in AmpleSound's basses? 

Also, if you want to go back a few decades, you have Band-in-a-Box.   More than a bass software, but has generated realistic bass patterns since the 80s.

I'm sure there are a lot more, of various degrees of quality.

The big breakthrough in this is that it will put an infinite hole in your bank account as they are about to release a zillion new expansions.  Get ready!  😀

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Then there will be EZBass packs to buy.....

Geddy Lee

Victor Wooten

Chris Squire

Jack Bruce

Stanley Clarke

Jaco Pastorious

et. al.

They could sell those in bundles. 

One for composers, one for decomposers.

• Great Idea 1

41 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm not saying it's not a game-changing no-brainer insta-buy, but...  is this really "The Market's First Bass Software of its Kind"?

You've obviously never worked in a marketing dept.😉

• Haha 2