Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

14 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

There is no option for that, you have to contact support via their website. They usually take less than 24hs to answer.  @Peter - IK Multimedia will bring the light on this :D

I have tried contacting support and the response takes longer than 24 hours. I already have a ticket pending from April 13th. No response on that issue till now. And I can't seem to figure out how to check on the status of an open ticket. What link do I visit?

5 minutes ago, Kal S said:

I have tried contacting support and the response takes longer than 24 hours. I already have a ticket pending from April 13th. No response on that issue till now. And I can't seem to figure out how to check on the status of an open ticket. What link do I visit?

This month I contact them here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/  it was a jampoint related question and it was answered one day after. I also asked to activate the transfer of a very old item, it was solved in day too. I don't know about other kind of issues, but sales answers are fast :D

Thanks to Mike from Creative Sauce for the video.

A few small snags I ran into on folders , installation and scanning with this program. Probably simple things many will not have issues with. Maybe this will help someone else who isn't entirely familiar with how the program works.

I installed Miroslav and Syntronic to separate folders. I seen these as separate programs to Sampletank. What was slightly confusing to me is that even though SampleTank and those other programs can be bought and played separately , they can be collectively brought into the Sampletank GUI so long as you scan the folders each is in. So SampleTank really is more than only SampleTank. It's more of a universal hub. I think this should be clarified. All programs can go under the ST GUI so that when you open it they all show up.

A few more things.  I noticed I was missing sounds advertised as appearing in ST 4 MAX. What they don't tell you is many of the listed sounds are actually ST3 libraries. Since ST 3 appears in the GUI you need to select it for all sounds to appear in the meta data search. When libraries are selected the words will be red. If they are not red you are only looking at the libraries selected and appearing red in the ST browser. What is confusing here is that The sounds advertised under ST 4 MAX are not all under ST 4 MAX in the gui if you only select that library.

Just little stuff., but if you don't know you don't know and it probably should be made more clear.

• Like 2

Just received Total Studio Max 2 and have lots of individual plugins to sell off. I assume I cannot do that here, right? Where do you suggest I go to advertise and sell these? Also, how do you figure the going rates for these?

Thanks,

Some good pointers there Starise - as I'd had previous with using Sampletank 4 with Miroslav libraries I got the way it was working. My main problem initially was that I 'misplaced' the installers for the ST3 libraries and tried to install myself - wasted a lot of time until I found the installers further down my extracted folder!

1 hour ago, arnoldoo said:

This month I contact them here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/  it was a jampoint related question and it was answered one day after. I also asked to activate the transfer of a very old item, it was solved in day too. I don't know about other kind of issues, but sales answers are fast :D

Thanks. I used the same link. It issues you a ticket number which is received as an acknowledgement mail. However, I cannot find any direct link where I can go and monitor the progress of that ticket. So my only option is to wait for a reply from IK multimedia, in my email.

Maybe they are overloaded with requests right now.

Edited by Kal S
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

Just received Total Studio Max 2 and have lots of individual plugins to sell off. I assume I cannot do that here, right? Where do you suggest I go to advertise and sell these? Also, how do you figure the going rates for these?

I am in the same boat. I was thinking about selling on eBay, and using the "sold items" search option to get an idea of realistic pricing. For non-auction probably KVR is good (following the example in the link in cclarry's signature)

Btw, from what I've seen, reselling an IK license has a good share of rules and pitfalls:

a) We need to find the details of our original purchase and determine whether we'll be reselling a full license or a crossgrade. If transferring a crossgrade the purchaser must comply with crossgrade requirements. If transferring a full license we need to be careful that crossgrade licenses in our account don't become invalid after the transfer (we must keep in our account at least one product >$99 that is not a crossgrade or NFR "Not for Resale" version from a free promo like the bonuses when purchasing hardware or a group buy bonus)

b) We will lose the corresponding jampoints (I haven't found info on what happens if we have already used those jampoints and don't have enough in our account to return them)

c) We need to purchase a Transfer Credit from IK (we can use Jampoints to lower the price of a transfer credit). One way to do that is: Go to the User Area>My Products page, click on the serials/transfer button for the product we intend to sell, click on the Transfer button and then it shows a message that we need a transfer credit,  with a link for purchasing it. Important: if there is no Transfer button in the license that means it is a NFR.

BTW - when preparing your list of items to resell, keep in mind that the Syntronik in TSM2 is the standard version and not the Deluxe version, e.g., memorymoog is not included

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

a)

b)

c)

You are right on all of these. I only sale and buy at KVR if you are patient and willing to sell at a low price (considering transfer credit) then you are good to go.  In this link I told how it went with Fender 1

• Like 1

Whatever happens after this TSM2 blowout, IK needs to come up with something to replace or make the Group Buy as fun as it was last year.  I didn't buy a thing but was entertained for weeks on this forum while it was going on.  Fleer practically willed the 10th free to happen all by himself.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, fret_man said:

Thanks,

Go to KVR, much larger community.  I prefer Deals to be from vendors so we don't have to do a lot of scrolling.  It would be a waste of time here.  Your in a large group of people trying to sell off IK plugins so either keep the extra licenses or prepare to practically give them away.  From my experience there is no harm in having additional licenses.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Man you ever get around here again give me a holler. We can sit for some cafe au lait in Da Quater!

Damn don t tell me you from there ?  Been there in since 2002 when producing Soulja slim , bg , mystikal ect ....good old dayz , even when going houston , my main box remains NO . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this plenty of times, but I still find different answers

is this statement about selling base group buy items true?

"It was made very clear in the terms I recall that if you sold the base product that all the group buy freebies were lost."

I am selling my Fender 2 (which I use to get tapes) and I am afraid I am going to lose my freebies. Who can bring some light to this? THanks!

21 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

I asked this plenty of times, but I still find different answers

is this statement about selling base group buy items true?

"It was made very clear in the terms I recall that if you sold the base product that all the group buy freebies were lost."

I am selling my Fender 2 (which I use to get tapes) and I am afraid I am going to lose my freebies. Who can bring some light to this? THanks!

No....not true.  The ONLY thing you can sell is the "Original Item".  The freebies are NFR, and you don't lose them.
The only time you lose "all the items" is if you purchased a Bundled product, which would transfer all the products
in the bundle.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No....not true.  The ONLY thing you can sell is the "Original Item".  The freebies are NFR, and you don't lose them.
The only time you lose "all the items" is if you purchased a Bundled product, which would transfer all the products
in the bundle.

Thanks Larry, that is what I thought and what I understood from previous interactions :D
Now I can bump my sale thread too infinity till someone buy my duplicates :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trager said:

I'm not sure you're right about this Larry. Most people seem to think otherwise.

I haven't tried it though. Can you confirm from experience?

https://web.archive.org/web/20191102001527/https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/

"Note that qualifying product must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility."

That eligibility is FOR the "Group Buy".  That means you can't sell it BEFORE the Group Buy is over,
or you lose ELIGIBILITY for the Group Buy (Freebies).  But, after it's all said and done, and you've
collected all the freebies, you're in the clear.  They don't like it, but you can sell the Original Product,
but ONLY after the Group Buy has ended.

Yes, I have sold "originals".  But there is NO WAY to sell the products you received for FREE in the Group
Buy, because they are NFR

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That eligibility is FOR the "Group Buy".  That means you can't sell it BEFORE the Group Buy is over,
or you lose ELIGIBILITY for the Group Buy (Freebies).  But, after it's all said and done, and you've
collected all the freebies, you're in the clear.  They don't like it, but you can sell the Original Product,
but ONLY after the Group Buy has ended.

Yes, I have sold "originals".  But there is NO WAY to sell the products you received for FREE in the Group
Buy, because they are NFR

Wow, that’s really interesting. Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1