Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

Is anyone else having this problem:  When you open Miroslav Philharmonik 2 or Syntronik, it defaults to the last-used sound-file path and displays an error message saying its sounds cannot be found.

True you can redirect it to the correct path and rescan, but why should we have to do this everytime?  Is it possible that both VIs share the same path?

Edited by locrian

On 4/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, trager said:

Larry, wait. It’s showing as $149.99 at AudioDeluxe ($135 if you factor in DeluxeBucks). Should have been $179 I think (?) so maybe they made a mistake.

Following up on this speculation, possible bad news for anyone waiting to jump on the crossgrade. It seems the price is now showing as $179 at both AD and JRR, and the JRR in-cart price with GROUP is $151. So maybe there was a mistake after all, but maybe it was a mistake made by IK in the price list sent to dealers? (No change to MAXgrade/upgrade prices.)

If you’re in the US with Jampoints, direct from IK is probably the best option again.

5 minutes ago, trager said:

Following up on this speculation, possible bad news for anyone waiting to jump on the crossgrade. It seems the price is now showing as $179 at both AD and JRR, and the JRR in-cart price with GROUP is $151. So maybe there was a mistake after all, but maybe it was a mistake made by IK in the price list sent to dealers? (No change to MAXgrade/upgrade prices.)

If you’re in the US with Jampoints, direct from IK is probably the best option again.

I figured that it was a mistake...but that mistake was the same price as buying
with Jampoints, so buying from JRR would have been the best option when
it was $125.99

• Like 1

It appears when downloading Miroslav sound files you do NOT need to download the 5 Sound Updater files located in Miroslav's Download Resources (where the manuals are). It looks like the sounds in the normal download section have already been updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fret_man said:

It appears when downloading Miroslav sound files you do NOT need to download the 5 Sound Updater files located in Miroslav's Download Resources (where the manuals are). It looks like the sounds in the normal download section have already been updated.

That's correct.  The Update Files are for those who originally purchased Miroslav 2 before the files were updated.

You will also notice there are SampleTank3 and SampleTank3 Total Studio Max 2 products. The former has  Steel Drums Content that has a larger file size than the latter. This is because it contains installers for both Mac and Windows while the latter has separate Mac and Windows installers. As best I can tell, the sound content is the same. There's no need to touch the SampleTank3 downloads. Basically, you now have 2 serial #s for SampleTank3.

You will not need the v3.5 Sound Update available for SampleTank3, either.

Edited by fret_man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I figured that it was a mistake...but that mistake was the same price as buying
with Jampoints, so buying from JRR would have been the best option when
it was $125.99

JRR was actually cheaper if buying from Europe (no VAT). I was on the fence about getting this, but their 'new' price sorted out my dilemma :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

JRR was actually cheaper if buying from Europe (no VAT). I was on the fence about getting this, but their 'new' price sorted out my dilemma :)

Yep if I hadn't got it for the cheaper price I probably wouldn't have bothered at the IK price - even with Jam Points it would have been around £150 - £160 and I was mainly interested in ST3 Max & Miroslav (I already have Miroslav CE)

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

hahaha exactly the same for me, I was waiting to sell some plugs and buy that one from JRR but now I am out. My wallet says thanks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

hahaha exactly the same for me, I was waiting to sell some plugs and buy that one from JRR but now I am out. My wallet says thanks

Mine too. My brain as well, I've been thinking about it for a few days now :) Value-wise it's definitely quite an offer, especially for someone who doesn't have a lot of plugins. But I learned the hard way that I need (to try at least) to get stuff I really need/use. And I have comparable, or better options for most  parts. As a long-time lurker, half of them probably thanks to Larry 🤑

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 6:18 PM, Lee D said:

Run the installer for each of those unzipped archives.  Then delete the unzipped folder from the desktop.

Personally I think that unzipping the folders into a flash or portable USB drive and preserving them is a better option. That way when you need to reinstall (upgrades/failures...) you will not need to go through all the downloading/unzipping again. The time saved is probably more valuable than the cost of a USB drive.

As a side note,, when I got Komplete on a usb drive, I noticed that more than half of the disk was blank (unpartitioned). TSMax2 almost all fits in that half

6 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Personally I think that unzipping the folders into a flash or portable USB drive and preserving them is a better option. That way when you need to reinstall (upgrades/failures...) you will not need to go through all the downloading/unzipping again. The time saved is probably more valuable than the cost of a USB drive.

As a side note,, when I got Komplete on a usb drive, I noticed that more than half of the disk was blank (unpartitioned). TSMax2 almost all fits in that half

I considered doing that but I wasn't sure how much more space the unzipped files would take on my spare drive.  Oh well, too late :)  Hopefully I don't have to reinstall this stuff anytime soon again.

21 hours ago, fitzroy said:

Except that they are not exempt from charging VAT to customers in Europe (it was widely discussed and impacted dealers who have been required to charge VAT even if the dealer is US-based if the customer is in Europe, it's a law not just a "suggestion").  In fact, I'm 99.9% sure they're not supposed to sell to EU customers at all...

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

21 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Except that they are not exempt from charging VAT to customers in Europe (it was widely discussed and impacted dealers who have been required to charge VAT even if the dealer is US-based if the customer is in Europe, it's a law not just a "suggestion").  In fact, I'm 99.9% sure they're not supposed to sell to EU customers at all...

Sure. It's a loophole. Might not be a fair one for you, but neither is paying 27% extra just because you're based in Europe. So as long as these are around, people will seek them out. It wasn't that long ago that you could order out of state in the U.S. to skip the sales tax, and there wasn't anything illegal about it, until they adapted the legislation and closed the loophole. Feel free to sort out your business terms with your dealers, that is your right. 

As a customer, as long as I'm making the effort to pay for your products, rather than download them off a Russian server, and I'm buying them from legit dealers, I don't care about the rest. Not when companies (even operating out of Europe)  routinely screw over their customers through their EULA, against the spirit of EU law, by charging silly 'administrative' costs for transferring licences between owners. Close THAT loophole and we can talk about VAT. 

• Like 1

Edit not worth it since you don't understand the law if you don't think it is "fair".  It doesn't have to do with us, it has to do with your government and the retailer you chose to use to evade taxes.  Again, not our "business terms with our dealers" but your government's terms with people who sell to those who live under their governance.  It's not that hard to understand.

You are "paying 27% extra just because you're based in Europe" because of your government.  Take it up with them.

...and we follow the letter of the law with transfer fees and every other aspect of our business.  You don't need to resort to misinformation just because I'm stated facts that you don't agree with or which don't suit your evading of taxes.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 3

Even though I haven't benefited directly, Peter's been more helpful to a handful of folks on this forum with one post than all 7 of yours.  I'm saying that as an IK customer that is not at all happy with them for other reasons but your posturing is totally whack.

• Like 4

Just now, Marc Cormier said:

Even though I haven't benefited directly, Peter's been more helpful to a handful of folks on this forum with one post than all 7 of yours.  I'm saying that as an IK customer that is not at all happy with them for other reasons but your posturing is totally whack.

Thank you for the kind words.  Speaking of being helpful (and sincere apologies that I don't recall offhand) but if you would like to PM me with your other reasons I can offer at least listening and relaying and at best a resolution or pathway to it.  No guarantees because my aging mind isn't fully recalling the issues :)  But please do feel free to hit me up via PM any time.

• Like 1