Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

In a perfect world, I  would not have bought Modo Bass just two weeks ago, and everything in the package would be new to me because I'd be crossgrading from AmpliTube Leslie... but this is still a slammin' I deal can't pass up. Had hoped to transfer MODO Bass to my son-in-law as a gift, but bought it with JamPoints, so no-go, I guess. Really bites to have copies of things you can't even give away.

Will really have to quit watching the Deals forum after this, though. After years of spending very little on new music gear or software, I've shelled out for quite a few deals in the last month or two. And it will take many more months to get to know it all even skin deep. Everything was on the order of 60-80% off even the usual discounted 'street' prices, though, so I'm pretty psyched to have gotten so much for so little.

Thanks to all for taking the time to share, and especially Larry of course.

Over and out. No, really, I mean it. Seriously, I have plugins to learn, and music to make, and fellow musicians to help. And I still have a day job (thankfully). So that's it. I'm gone. For good... 'til tomorrow, at least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Baay said:

In a perfect world, I  would not have bought Modo Bass just two weeks ago, and everything in the package would be new to me because I'd be crossgrading from AmpliTube Leslie... but this is still a slammin' I deal can't pass up. Had hoped to transfer MODO Bass to my son-in-law as a gift, but bought it with JamPoints, so no-go, I guess. Really bites to have copies of things you can't even give away.

Will really have to quit watching the Deals forum after this, though. After years of spending very little on new music gear or software, I've shelled out for quite a few deals in the last month or two. And it will take many more months to get to know it all even skin deep. Everything was on the order of 60-80% off even the usual discounted 'street' prices, though, so I'm pretty psyched to have gotten so much for so little.

Thanks to all for taking the time to share, and especially Larry of course.

Over and out. No, really, I mean it. Seriously, I have plugins to learn, and music to make, and fellow musicians to help. And I still have a day job (thankfully). So that's it. I'm gone. For good... 'til tomorrow, at least.

If you bought Modo Bass with Jampoints you can transfer it.  To check, click on the "License" button under the product
in your account.  If it has the RED "Transfer" button then you can transfer it to your son-in-law.  The only time that you
can't transfer something is if you bought it with "Gear Credits", or if you received it free in a group buy, or it specified NFR
when you purchased it.

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you bought Modo Bass with Jampoints you can transfer it.  To check, click on the "License" button under the product
in your account.

Ah, yes, I can. I had not clicked on the license button. Perfect! Muchas gracias, Larry.  Made my day.  😎

• Like 1

Downloading, installing, and fixing all the problems to get this stuff to work properly was a real f-ing nightmre!  It took 3 days; it should have been a few hours.  WTF?

How could IKM be at version 4 of some of their products and still not have a downloader/installer?!?  They obviously don't care about their customers.

This was my first and definitely my *last* IKM purchase.  What a huge mistake!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Same here. lol. See ya tomorrow then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, locrian said:

Downloading, installing, and fixing all the problems to get this stuff to work properly was a real f-ing nightmre!  It took 3 days; it should have been a few hours.  WTF?

How could IKM be at version 4 of some of their products and still not have a downloader/installer?!?  They obviously don't care about their customers.

This was my first and definitely my *last* IKM purchase.  What a huge mistake!!!

Yeah it is really painful and they are way behind the competition in this regard.  The product is high quality once installed though but they need to prioritize an installer.

• Like 3

A long day here too! Been on it for around 7 hours! Got the ST3, extra ST3 content, Miroslav & Syntronik stuff installed - though somehow I lost the the installers for the ST 3 main library and tried copying files myself - wasted about 1.5 hours doing that without success then found the installers further down my download folder - my fault - screwed up the unzipping but still bloody frustrating. A download and installation manager is desperately needed!

I'm going to leave it until tomorrow to see if it all works - Syntronic & Philarmonik were looking ok earlier so fingers crossed now I've used the installers on ST main content it will be ok - I have around 26Gb of SampleTank main content - does that sound right?

Off to watch a film so my eyes have a different focal length to work on!

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, antler said:

I think you already mentioned this Reid; I'm just reiterating for anyone who might have missed it:

You don't have to download anything that you don't think you need, but downloads for instrument sounds time out after a few days, and you'll have to pay to reactivate the download links (for sounds).

Then why buy it?  Tracks and Amplitude are well worth it if you don't hav them.  The ST libraries will take up a lot of space.  This isn't a knock against ST but I'm in many forums where only once I've seen someone use ST in a project.  I think part of it that it becomes overwhelming (like Komtplete) that people ignore it. 

Edited by kitekrazy

On 4/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, antler said:

I think you already mentioned this Reid; I'm just reiterating for anyone who might have missed it:

You don't have to download anything that you don't think you need, but downloads for instrument sounds time out after a few days, and you'll have to pay to reactivate the download links (for sounds).

I think the IK download policy belongs to a different age when bandwidth cost a lot of money BUT it isn't what most people would call a 'few days'. It is 180 days. Which is about six months. The the cost to download again is $10 for all of your products. IIRC Spectrasonics charged $10 per product last time I needed another download.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, musical said:

I think the IK download policy belongs to a different age when bandwidth cost a lot of money BUT it isn't what most people would call a 'few days'. It is 180 days. Which is about six months. The the cost to download again is $10 for all of your products. IIRC Spectrasonics charged $10 per product last time I needed another download.

I don't understand when people buy such things they never bother to archive it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee D said:

Yeah it is really painful and they are way behind the competition in this regard.  The product is high quality once installed though but they need to prioritize an installer.

Yes they are Lee. Way behind.

I just built a new machine and had to install everything from scratch. ToonTracks was another PITA install for me. Mostly because I have so much of their stuff. And each product requires your attention to install and update. EVERY SINGLE ONE!! However, they have a really good d/l manager. So it all gets d/l and installed correctly the first time. No time wasted trying to figure out if you have the latest installs. No need to unzip anything. And when I am ready to install again, just sign back into the d/l manager so I don't have to bkup.

Now, with IK it was a Major PITA because of all the stuff I had to look up, check and make sure I had the correct and updated installers d/l. Then after d/l all the stuff, I had to unzip everything, then install EVERY SINGLE package. Like I said before, I had to click 9x for every install. There was over 60 of them!! I didn't do it all in one day. No way. I spread it out over many days over a two week period. But that is just insane in this day and age of installers.

For all the bi**hen I do about PA, they had about the best install package. Log in, choose your products with one click, choose to d/l and install with one click, done!! UA stuff was the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Yes they are Lee. Way behind.

I just built a new machine and had to install everything from scratch. ToonTracks was another PITA install for me. Mostly because I have so much of their stuff. And each product requires your attention to install and update. EVERY SINGLE ONE!! However, they have a really good d/l manager. So it all gets d/l and installed correctly the first time. No time wasted trying to figure out if you have the latest installs. No need to unzip anything. And when I am ready to install again, just sign back into the d/l manager so I don't have to bkup.

Now, with IK it was a Major PITA because of all the stuff I had to look up, check and make sure I had the correct and updated installers d/l. Then after d/l all the stuff, I had to unzip everything, then install EVERY SINGLE package. Like I said before, I had to click 9x for every install. There was over 60 of them!! I didn't do it all in one day. No way. I spread it out over many days over a two week period. But that is just insane in this day and age of installers.

For all the bi**hen I do about PA, they had about the best install package. Log in, choose your products with one click, choose to d/l and install with one click, done!! UA stuff was the same way.

That's with just about everything.  NI and Waves are worse.  There is always some clueless developer that things everyone installs plugins in Steinberg\Vst. 

• Like 1

I'll probably download it all over a few days while working, but not try to install everything at once. I'll install one or two pieces a week, and it'll be like Christmas all year long. ;^)  If I'm lucky, they'll release an installer before I'm done.

• Great Idea 1

Just opened Amplitude stand alone and have got a high pitched whine like feedback from my speakers - I recall this happening in a lite version of an earlier incarnation - anyone have any ideas - I am using ASIO4All with an onboard soundcard - I would only ever use it as an effect for a VSTi 

Edit - if I turn the input right down it becomes silent

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Just opened Amplitude stand alone and have got a high pitched whine like feedback from my speakers - I recall this happening in a lite version of an earlier incarnation - anyone have any ideas - I am using ASIO4All with an onboard soundcard - I would only ever use it as an effect for a VSTi 

Edit - if I turn the input right down it becomes silent

Sounds like it's not authorized.

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

I'll probably download it all over a few days while working, but not try to install everything at once. I'll install one or two pieces a week, and it'll be like Christmas all year long. ;^)  If I'm lucky, they'll release an installer before I'm done.

I've tried that idea and it only works till something else is on sale that is declared a no brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

That's with just about everything.  NI and Waves are worse.  There is always some clueless developer that things everyone installs plugins in Steinberg\Vst. 

My experience with NI and Waves is exactly the opposite.   They both have very simple and comprehensive downloader/installers. With just a couple of clicks I can download and install everything without much fuss at all.

Edited by husker

5 minutes ago, husker said:

My experience with NI and Waves is exactly the opposite.   They both have very simple and comprehensive downloader/installers. With just a couple of clicks I can download and install everything without much fuss at all.

Yeah NI is pretty painless.  The best one I think is Arturia's software center.