Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Once it's all done, you will be pleased. You got a great deal. Congratulations!! : )

Thanks. . . key words "once it's all done". . . this installation process is going to take me like a week between downloading, unzipping, installing!  But so far from what I've tried it seems quite excellent!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Let me know how you get on if you beat me to it and I'll do likewise 🙂

Joe, I went looking at my Sample Tank folders and found that my Sample Tank 2 folder was empty!! So apparently, they do get moved when they get imported.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Grem said:

Joe, I went looking at my Sample Tank folders and found that my Sample Tank 2 folder was empty!! So apparently, they do get moved when they get imported.

Interesting! I didn't have the full ST2 just different libraries - eg SampleMoog, Syntronik that I bought in a deal and they still appear to be in their original folders - there are a few Imported Instruments folders around but they have nothing in them - I will look further in case the Imported Instruments are in another folder! I assume they have a different file type designation from the originals?

Edit - ah found them now in the Sample Tank 3 folder rather than the higher level IK folder I was looking in! I'll move the originals onto another disc before deleting just to make sure nothing untoward happens! Thanks for the help

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ensconced said:

Not understanding, it's only Sampletank 3 with 23 extra libraries and Sampletank 4SE (not Max) in the TS deal isn't it? I already own more than everything included apart from Morislav (which doesn't interest me) what am I missing?

My bad. I own ST4MAx and I keep thinking incorrectly that I got it with the TSMax bundle. But I didn't. So my mistake. Sorry

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, arnoldoo said:

Great! I saw the red tab with the transfer. Now I know I can sell them and keep the free ones (I picked tapes and leslie, and want to keep them)

Thank you very much Larry!

I purchased the ST3 Max Upgrade from JRR some time back.

I don't see the transfer tab under ST3 Max in my account. (Though there is one under ST3, which is listed separately in my account). Is that normal or is it because the Sounds for ST3 Max have expired sometime back?

Edited by Kal S
Grammar, Typos

4 minutes ago, Kal S said:

I purchased the ST3 Max Upgrade from JRR some time back.

I don't see the transfer tab under ST3 Max in my account. (Though there is one under ST3, which is listed separately in my account). Is that normal or is it because the Sounds for ST3 Max have expired sometime back?

Depends on how you purchased it.  If you buy something with credits it's NFR, or if you got it on a promotion with
a piece of hardware it's NFR, or free products from Group Buys are NFR...

22 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Depends on how you purchased it.  If you buy something with credits it's NFR, or if you got it on a promotion with
a piece of hardware it's NFR, or free products from Group Buys are NFR...

I paid directly at JRR along with some other software I purchased (I chose the ST3 MAX Upgrade option). No credits involved in anyway.

Edited by Kal S
Correction

Just now, cclarry said:

Odd then, because it should be resalable....

Sorry, I meant to type Upgrade. I've edited it in the post above.

if I recall correctly, I already had MP1 (which I owned from a  Group Buy) and then bought ST3 Max Upgrade at JRR.

1 hour ago, Grem said:

My bad. I own ST4MAx and I keep thinking incorrectly that I got it with the TSMax bundle. But I didn't. So my mistake. Sorry

Phheeww, for a minute there I thought I was loosing the plot and not seeing something I should be.

I wasn't a full ST 3 MAX owner. Didn't own ST3 full either. Only The CE version prior to recently buying ST4MAX. I noticed there were ST3 sounds in that package. I had also downloaded the CE version of ST4.

Pardon me, this has probably already been answered but I'm a little thick sometimes. This is how I interpreted what has been said so far.  ST 4 CE had extra sounds in it added later. ST 3 had extra sounds added later. ST3 is merged  into ST4 MAX. If I don't download  Sampletank programs on my customer products list will I have all of the Sampletank sounds already? The reason I find this confusing is because there was only a partial list of Miroslav sounds in ST 4 MAX. I know I need to download that to get the full set. Is the same thing true with ST3? Am I only getting a partial list in ST4MAX?

Another thing that was slightly confusing were the file designations for Amplitube 4 MAX.  I downloaded and unzipped the file under my products page but don't have anything listed as "Amplitube MAX" in my computer. Only Amplitube 4. I don't think the zip is even named "Max". I already had Amplitube 4.

Is this tripping anyone else up or am I the only one?

46 minutes ago, Starise said:

I wasn't a full ST 3 MAX owner. Didn't own ST3 full either. Only The CE version prior to recently buying ST4MAX. I noticed there were ST3 sounds in that package. I had also downloaded the CE version of ST4.

Pardon me, this has probably already been answered but I'm a little thick sometimes. This is how I interpreted what has been said so far.  ST 4 CE had extra sounds in it added later. ST 3 had extra sounds added later. ST3 is merged  into ST4 MAX. If I don't download  Sampletank programs on my customer products list will I have all of the Sampletank sounds already? The reason I find this confusing is because there was only a partial list of Miroslav sounds in ST 4 MAX. I know I need to download that to get the full set. Is the same thing true with ST3? Am I only getting a partial list in ST4MAX?

Another thing that was slightly confusing were the file designations for Amplitube 4 MAX.  I downloaded and unzipped the file under my products page but don't have anything listed as "Amplitube MAX" in my computer. Only Amplitube 4. I don't think the zip is even named "Max". I already had Amplitube 4.

Is this tripping anyone else up or am I the only one?

SampleTank 4 MAX only includes Miroslav CE, not the full version, so those are the only sounds that would be there.
You would have to buy TS2 MAX, or Miroslav FULL to get the rest.  Is that what you're asking?

29 minutes ago, cclarry said:

SampleTank 4 MAX only includes Miroslav CE, not the full version, so those are the only sounds that would be there.
You would have to buy TS2 MAX, or Miroslav FULL to get the rest.  Is that what you're asking?

cclarry I think I need more coffee. Yes I was asking that and you answered it. My next question was  sort of related. I wanted to know if I have all of the Sampletank 3 sounds  in 4 MAX. I think I know but wasn't sure. Sorry for the long post there. I was attempting to give some history of the sounds I already have. Hopefully this is a bit more condensed.

Can someone please clarify the contents of ST4 MAX.

The site says the ST4 is 100 GB and ST4 MAX is 260 GB. So there is a difference of 160 GB.

My understanding is that the MAX version would include ST4 plus additional instruments (around 24 or so, if I recall correctly) such as American Acoustic, Art Deco Piano, Orchestral Percussion etc. But the size of these additional instruments comes to around 60GB or so (I've downloaded them all with ST3 MAX so I can tell). So where is the balance 100GB in ST4 MAX? 

Does ST4 MAX have more sounds than ST4? I don't think that how it worked for ST3 and ST3 MAX (the latter of which I own currently)

The only detail I can find is a massive PDF which is listing not only the instrument name but each patch inside it. It is difficult to scroll through that many pages (208) and make comparisons.

Edit: I believe that ST4MAX also contains MP2 CE. But would that alone account for the additional 100GB? What am I missing here?

Edited by Kal S

33 minutes ago, Starise said:

cclarry I think I need more coffee. Yes I was asking that and you answered it. My next question was  sort of related. I wanted to know if I have all of the Sampletank 3 sounds  in 4 MAX. I think I know but wasn't sure. Sorry for the long post there. I was attempting to give some history of the sounds I already have. Hopefully this is a bit more condensed.

My understanding is that ST4 Max does include all the ST3 sounds...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you've already imported them in SampleTank 3, you can copy those over (or use the same external drive if that's how you fly) as a sample library location in SampleTank 4.

Hey - did you just win it on Dave & Mark's Instagram live stream?

Yep! That was me! I think it was the 2nd time I've ever won anything. The 1st was a nifty paperweight. This was much better. Thanks again!

• Like 2