Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE INSTRUMENTS! !!!!!!!!!!!

DOWNLOAD ONLY WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you already mentioned this Reid; I'm just reiterating for anyone who might have missed it:

You don't have to download anything that you don't think you need, but downloads for instrument sounds time out after a few days, and you'll have to pay to reactivate the download links (for sounds).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

Hey Larry, what about selling the vst that gave me all the Group Buy items? Last one I bought 3 vst and would like to sell them but keep the Group Buy items. Doesn't sound possible, but I couldn't find a straight answer. 

Yes...if you bought it you can sell it.  You can't sell the group buy items that you received 
for FREE,  but the one's that you purchased you can sell.  The way to tell is to look at the "License" tab under
the product.  If it has a RED "transfer" button then it can be sold.  The transfer fee is $19.99, and you can use Jampoints
to take 30% off that price, and also be mindful that anything you sell they will take back whatever 
Jampoints they gave you when your purchased it!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thank you.  Note that we are OK, even though our HQ is in Italy.  Our staff are all healthy and our developers are toiling away from their homes working on our software.  We should be able to reopen our warehouses and production lines (we manufacturer a lot of our hardware ourselves in Italy) to capacity soon too.  We are still able to make and ship the products we have, though we also have the unexpected surge in interest in our streaming-friendly products like iRig Stream to make things challenging but we're glad we can help musicians keep working by doing their lessons, performances, etc online.

Awesome, glad to hear you are doing just fine ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It's a package license, all residing under one License Code, so there would be no way to separate it.
The only thing that you COULD do is sell off duplicates of things that you already own.

I sold Modo Bass for £50 today and bought Total Studio Max for £100. The transfer of Modo Bass cost £15, so my final cost was £65.

I can live with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I don't like this "reaction" limit...which I think is kind of silly!
Sorry, you've reacted to too many posts today, so we've cut 
your reactions off.  Yes, that makes perfect sense!🤪

Odd.  I think  it might be fixed again?  I'm reacting my ***** off and haven't triggered it

1 hour ago, Grem said:

No, the limits are back on again. I reached my limit shortly after it came back on. I wanted to give a thanks to Peter and couldn't.

And wanted to like your post just now and couldn't. Agree about it being ridiculous. 

Well, you're welcome! I'm trying to do my part and multiquote!  I know I sometimes forget since some "other forums" don't have it...

53 minutes ago, Starise said:

This is very tempting. I have an "assortment" of IK software. Recently went with Sampletank 4 Max, already have Amplitube and several of their packs. T-Racks basic version. Lurssen is something I wanted to try. I don't need it because I have plenty of mastering things already. Miroslav Philharmonic 2 is something I might use and only have what's included in ST MAX which isn't the full library.

I like that this puts everything in one place and as cclarry said upgrades from then on will only be under that grand title. The only comparison I can think of is Komplete.

Competes favorably with Komplete. You could call it the poor man's Komplete. The only poor man might be the person buying Komplete. A penny saved is a penny earned. I have Komplete and haven't used everything in it. They are both good HUGE libraries. Total Studio Max is a bargain in comparison. It could be argued between the two which libraries sound better. I am happy with ST MAX.

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.

37 minutes ago, antler said:

I think you already mentioned this Reid; I'm just reiterating for anyone who might have missed it:

You don't have to download anything that you don't think you need, but downloads for instrument sounds time out after a few days, and you'll have to pay to reactivate the download links (for sounds).

180 days for sound libraries.

19 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Pete - thanks for the comments above but that link to the ST editor you posted just takes you to a blank page. Not downloaded that yet so not sure what it does - is it for editing samples in the soundpacks?

Sorry about that!  I fixed it.  I know it is unsupported but it's not THAT unsupported :P Seriously, we also should have a video coming because there are some who are confused even with the manual and subforum on the IK forum to help so I am happy that should be coming and I didn't have to exert any influence in this case. 

16 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Awesome, glad to hear you are doing just fine ;)

Thank you.  I'm in the US, not like that's any better but I just wanted to be clear that I'm not in Italy.  Normally I'd wish I was there but I can wait a while.  I'm OK

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
Hit Save too quickly
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes...if you bought it you can sell it.  You can't sell the group buy items that you received 
for FREE,  but the one's that you purchased you can sell.  The way to tell is to look at the "License" tab under
the product.  If it has a RED "transfer" button then it can be sold.  The transfer fee is $19.99, and you can use Jampoints
to take 30% off that price, and also be mindful that anything you sell they will take back whatever 
Jampoints they gave you when your purchased it!

Great! I saw the red tab with the transfer. Now I know I can sell them and keep the free ones (I picked tapes and leslie, and want to keep them)

Thank you very much Larry!

Like everything you buy, the value is personal.   I bought T-Racks MAX for about $150 with points (it was $200) and to me that's one of my best purchases I  ever made.  I use it every day. 

There are 38 modules in it.  A few are free, but many list separately for $125 or $150.   After I had MAX almost every week I would see sales for a single module for $80 or something . And it would be seen as a deal.   I never could understand why people would pay hundreds of dollars to get a few modules when they get all of them for so little.

And this is for T-RackS and a zillion other things.   Some I don't like but some I love. I paid $150 with points for TS2 and then sold Syntronik.

I realize it isn't the same way for a longtime customer like Larry, but for me, IK is one of the most customer-friendly companies around.  I love all the free Jampoints they give you.  In addition to the ones you earn, they just stick some free ones in there now and then.  And they have it set up that you get more points the more you buy.  

All you have to do is follow the way they sell stuff, and then their products are so incredibly cheap!   I don't think I've bought anything since T-RackS.  I'm just waiting for Total Studio 3.  Maybe I'll have to wait a year, but someday it will be here. 

It's exactly the same way with Komplete.  You can buy everything as it comes out if you want.   Or you can wait until this fall, when it comes out.  Or the summer of 2021, when it will be half price. 

There is usually a half price sale on IK during Black Friday. 

30 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

Great! I saw the red tab with the transfer. Now I know I can sell them and keep the free ones (I picked tapes and leslie, and want to keep them)

Thank you very much Larry!

Glad to help Arnoldo!!!

• Like 1

ST2 sounds need to be imported into ST3 in order to be accessible to ST4 which cannot directly read ST2 files. Is there a way for ST3 or ST4 to export those ST2 files into the more modern format so I don't have to go thru that again when I rebuild/reformat/reset my DAW?

8 minutes ago, fret_man said:

ST2 sounds need to be imported into ST3 in order to be accessible to ST4 which cannot directly read ST2 files. Is there a way for ST3 or ST4 to export those ST2 files into the more modern format so I don't have to go thru that again when I rebuild/reformat/reset my DAW?

If you've already imported them in SampleTank 3, you can copy those over (or use the same external drive if that's how you fly) as a sample library location in SampleTank 4.

Hey - did you just win it on Dave & Mark's Instagram live stream?

11 minutes ago, ensconced said:

OT - Peter, while you are here, any news on Amplitube Satriani release?

I don't have a specific date but we are definitely making great progress on our side.  Joe is still very busy promoting the new album (even though basically shut in like the rest of us) but we're getting there.  We should have more news soon.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

On topic 😉 - Pete whilst you are here - do you know if any of the sound packs for Miroslav 2 are identical to those in Miroslav 2 CE which I already have installed - just to save me some time if possible 🙂 

It's best to install the full Miroslav Philharmonik 2 content to make sure you have everything. For a full list of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sounds, click here