Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

4 minutes ago, locrian said:

For $125 it seems like a good deal for new users.  May I ask why you think otherwise?  I was just about to buy it myself.

It was worth it to me to get the "Max" designation.  The reason being is that, going forward, the upgrade
to the next version will be pretty reasonable to get new added products, and I won't have to buy
anything until there IS a new vesion, and it should be a LOT cheaper that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It was worth it to me to get the "Max" designation.  The reason being is that, going forward, the upgrade
to the next version will be pretty reasonable to get new added products, and I won't have to buy
anything until there IS a new vesion, and it should be a LOT cheaper that way.

Hey Larry, actually I was wondering why Carlos thought is was *not* a good deal.  I thought I may be missing something obvious.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hey Larry, actually I was wondering why Carlos thought is was *not* a good deal.  I thought I may be missing something obvious.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion.  This IS the lowest price EVER for this package.  It's a LOT of toys, especially if you 
only have one $99.99 product and can crossgrade to get ALL of this!!!

I have probably 90% of everything in MAX.  I just wanted the MAX title for the purpose of future upgrades.
Just the products I don't have would have been more than that price...so I'm ok with that!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, locrian said:

Some people may simply not like IK's products or their licensing system, which is fine.

I, on the other hand, think it's a great deal.

I won't be going for it as I've taken advantage of some other great offers recently (including IK promos on Sunset Studio and B3-X), but even if you have *no* products you can crossgrade from, the package is $225 at JRR. That would be a ridiculously good deal even if it was only for the Amplitube and T-Racks stuff. If it gives you a cheap pathway to the next Max package that includes things like Sunset Studio Reverb/Hammond, then that's another thing in its favour, as they're both excellent!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig Fowler said:

Some people may simply not like IK's products or their licensing system, which is fine.

I, on the other hand, think it's a great deal.

Biggest critic of IK around here is Larry himself. And you can see he's buying it. That ought to tell you something right there. And just to be sure I am clear, I respect Larry and his opinion. He has led me to some of the best deals I have ever got. And I am by no means alone in this opinion. Others here will back me up if you ask them. We call him the King around here! So he knows what he's talking about. : )

Now that that is out of the way.

Sample Tank 3 is what you get with this. And also you can get ST4 CS which gives you the UI and engine of ST 4 to use all of your ST3 sounds with. Not a bad deal at all. There are not hardly any third party sounds that have come out (but that may change in the future) for ST3 or 4. So Kontakt has them beat there. But sound quality is up there with the best of any of them. And the sheer volume you get with this deal is really staggering. You get a lots of ST3 stuff, Syntronic stuff, and Miroslav stuff too! Throw in Modo bass and it's a no-brainer.

But wait there is more!! Amplitube and T-Racks also comes with this!! 

Is this a great deal? It's a no-brainer!!

Unless you have a serious beef with IK. And I can understand that. That's your choice. But to say it ain't a good deal?? Come on! Who you trying to fool!! 

edit: Just so I am clear, @Craig Fowler I am in agreement with you on it's a good deal.  :)

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just took a look, along with all the stuff I mentioned in my previous post, you also get three great pianos, Alan Parsons, Brandenburg Piano, Art Deco Piano, Neil Pert Drums, Terry Bozzio Drums, plus 12 Electronic Music packs! That is all in addition to the sounds that comes with ST3.

• Like 2

I believe you also get SampleTank 4 SE (which has 30GB of sounds) if I’m not mistaken. 
Yet I’m not jumping myself, since the only thing I’d get is MODO Bass and a few AmpliTubbies I’m (not) missing. 
I’ll jump on the next one for sure, as I want those Sunset verbs and the B3. 

And uncle Grem is absolutely right about Larry. He’s da King .

Edith!

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, cclarry said:

As I mentioned earlier, most likely Total Studio MAX 3 is coming real quick....

TSM has already seen 2 editions so next could well be a product with a name like "Complete studio plus" and no upgrade path from TSM2.

Larry, do you have some info we don't know about on this "Max" designation being worth something, not just bait? 😈

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. I'm looking at my box of Total Studio 3 and they allowed that to get to 3 before resetting

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
additional info
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to have to seriously consider this. Since I have more Jampoints than I can apply to this, it takes it down to $98.

And even though I have 3.5 TB SSDs and 8 TB spinning disks on my DAW, and 2.5 TB on my slave, I will need to make room somewhere to put this.

Yes, I have a problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, locrian said:

For $125 it seems like a good deal for new users.  May I ask why you think otherwise?  I was just about to buy it myself.

You misunderstood my answer. Make no mistake, this deal is a BARGAIN-STEAL, you name it. It's a NO-BRAINER. To anyone. From the worst noob, to the best experienced Pro Mixing Engineer. There, I said it. You SHOULD GET THIS. Period, lol. IKM is in Italy, right? Maybe the need to sell tons to get good cash for some needs? If so, we would be helping them to get afloat :P (just a possible scenario?)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

TSM has already seen 2 editions so next could well be a product with a name like "Complete studio plus" and no upgrade path from TSM2.

Larry, do you have some info we don't know about on this "Max" designation being worth something, not just bait? 😈

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. I'm looking at my box of Total Studio 3 and they allowed that to get to 3 before resetting

No inside information....but IK usually doesn't drop prices this far until right before a new release....so just a hunch

• Like 2

Meant to post this yesterday for those asking about disk space. Oh well may still be of use to someone.

...and yes I reckon Larry's hunch about TSM 3 is right.....

I bought this at a great price in Nov 2018 but this is even cheaper and pretty much a no-brainer if you have the disk space.

If you are wondering about disk space...

I just checked my Total Studio 2 MAX backup and it's around 143.5Gb (zip files) consisting of Miroslav (51.5Gb), SampleTank 3 MAX (37.2Gb), Syntronik (48.3Gb), and the other bits and bobs are around 2.5Gb.

My actual installation for SampleTank 3 MAX is 172Gb which includes Miroslav, Syntronik but only a few of the extra SampleTank 3 MAX content.

The other bits take up less space - MODO, Lurssen, Amplitube MAX, T-Racks MAX (install around 4Gb).

So total used in my case is 143.5Gb for backups and 176Gb installed (a full installation of all ST3 MAX libraries would be more than this but I don't need them all).

If you then get Sampletank 4 MAX at some point which I did that's another 134Gb of zipped backups and 184Gb installed on my system. 

So TS2 MAX and ST4 MAX for me is around 360Gb installed and 277.5Gb in backups (without installing all of the extra ST3 MAX libraries).

I ended up buying an NVME SSD to house all of the extra sample content plus all of my existing samples. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The deed is done from JRR - £105! Thanks for the help guys - I was a bit nervous about it accepting the crossgrade but all seemed to go smoothly. Just had to spend a bit of time reorganising my drives to make room for it all on my new 1Tb SSD. No doubt there will be the usual IK fun and games getting it to work but I'm used to that now! See you in a week when it has all finished downloading!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

See you in a week when it has all finished downloading!

That's the PITA part. Having to attend to the damn d/l of all that.  Then wait till it comes to installing it all. Same BS, you will have to sit there and click through each sound part like eight or nine times. 

And it gets worse with ST4MAX. 

I mean I really love all the sounds, they are really good. But I went to the IK website and told them they have to get some type of Down Load/Installer for all that stuff. I spent hours d/l and installing all my MAX products. But like I said before, I got all my sounds from ST 2 - ST4MAX. All the Sonicsynth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, and all my XpansionTank sounds. 

edit: Forgot to add that @Peter - IK Multimedia said they working on something. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Grem

Yeah - I'm just over half way through downloading the ST3 sounds - lots more PITA to come! 😉  I bet they announce the download / install assistant just when I get finished! I seem to have several ST and Miroslav sound installations on my discs - one day I must work out which are the right ones! By the way - I have a lot of ST2 imported sounds too in ST3 and 4 - does the import process create a new copy of the sounds - that could be one of my issues

• Haha 1