Korg have finally updated their GUIs!

trager

55 minutes ago, tom said:

Even sale price is crazy. So just GUI change or any change to engine as these are ancient now. Do they still stand up? Always wanted them but never saw a good price 

I am still use Mono/Poly v1 and sounds pretty good.  Can't talk about the others. I wouldn't pay $300 tho

• Like 1

I updated my legacy using the Korg Software Pass app (which is kind of crappy the way it handles things).  I don't think adding the Triton and ARP for $199 is a very good deal, but the new GUI's on the older ones is a very nice free update.  If they lower the price on the Legacy update to $99 and I'd jump, till then, no.

• Great Idea 3

23 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

I'm in my Korg account, and I'm not seeing any way to update the Wavestation.  Anybody?

I used Korg Software Pass to update the Wavestation and M1 https://id.korg.com/static_pages/3 

It didn't offer any update for the Triton demo but I'm on v1.0.1 which may already be the latest.

KSP.jpg.f0e3f716de2bb423afbaf9cb984ec12f.jpg

BTW Korg Software Pass seems to download the update files and then dump you in whichever ZIP manager you have to do the rest yourself!
I just navigate to the specific updater folder and drag/drop that to my download folder and run the update there.

I only own M1 and Wavestation but also wanted to try the rest of the collection but I cannot see how to download the other demos. If you click on the demo link it just downloads Korg Software Pass.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I used Korg Software Pass to update the Wavestation and M1 https://id.korg.com/static_pages/3 

It didn't offer any update for the Triton demo but I'm on v1.0.1 which may already be the latest.

KSP.jpg.f0e3f716de2bb423afbaf9cb984ec12f.jpg

BTW Korg Software Pass seems to download the update files and then dump you in whichever ZIP manager you have to do the rest yourself!
I just navigate to the specific updater folder and drag/drop that to my download folder and run the update there.

I only own M1 and Wavestation but also wanted to try the rest of the collection but I cannot see how to download the other demos. If you click on the demo link it just downloads Korg Software Pass.

Much appreciated! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I updated my legacy using the Korg Software Pass app (which is kind of crappy the way it handles things).  I don't think adding the Triton and ARP for $199 is a very good deal, but the new GUI's on the older ones is a very nice free update.  If they lower the price on the Legacy update to $99 and I'd jump, till then, no.

Same experience here and I agree on a more reasonable update pricing ($99). ;) 

oh dear - legacy cell still not happy with cubase

also is it me but everytime you start the Korg Software Pass app it dumps the entire contents of your temp folder (C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\temp) in the recycle bin (windows 10 )  !!!!!! which breaks things

Edited by simon

15 minutes ago, simon said:

oh dear - legacy cell still not happy with cubase

also is it me but everytime you start the Korg Software Pass app it dumps the entire contents of your temp folder (C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\temp) in the recycle bin (windows 10 )  !!!!!! which breaks things

That sounds nasty Simon. Yes the same thing is happening here 😱 Oh No, I wonder what it has broken?!!

7 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That sounds nasty Simon. Yes the same thing is happening here 😱 Oh No, I wonder what it has broken?!!

think I've got legacycell working but it messes with polysix - just juggling this - plus at the same time windows defender has broken so I have no virus protection.....

it's some of the files from korg that are crashing it - they have multiple ".." in them  - to be fair that's more microsofts problem than korgs but I'm gonna blame korg anyway

basically wasted today...

Edited by simon
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I'm surprised that Kaspersky didn't flag some interesting behavior! 

they don't contain viruses - they just trigger a NEW problem with the latest update for windows defender.....

The 'delete the temp folder' is much worse - can break stuff :) - even breaks it's own downloader routine

Edited by simon