Phoenix Verb $9.99 At AudioDeluxe

Artplex

PhoenixVerb is a nice reverb. Having so many reverbs spaces me out.😮👻👽 Pardon my attempts at humor.

I found I could get a tight space reverb with this in addition to the really out there stuff..  Valhalla Room excels at this as well. Most reverbs are good at distant, far away, dreamy. Phoenix is mainly that but you can make it tight too. Valhalla Shimmer is good for "out there". Been tempted to try Black hole. So far I haven't . The title leads me to think it would be good for sci fi mixes.

• Like 1

Dang you sir, I also passed this last time, and went through the process of will I won't I and deciding no again because I already have Nimbus, now I have pulled the trigger . . . well it's only 10 bucks (or 16AUD for me) least I wont have to go through the process again next time 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There was a big debate on either VI or Gearslutz about if Phoenix did anything different/better if you had Nimbus.  I think the answer they came to was yes, but it wasn't all that clear to me.  So I passed on this the last time it was on sale.  Maybe I should reconsider.

Michael Carnes stated years ago that Nimbus does Phoenix but does considerably more.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
sp
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Hmm.... my code won't register on the izotope site

If you are talking about the redeem code, you open the iLok License Manager thingy, then select Licenses - Redeem Activation Code, enter code etc etc

Edited by ensconced

Hey guys, I too try to resist buying more plugings but I can't stop doing it. The only way is to stay away from the internet, but that has become an addiction as well. So what can we do?... Well, since resistance is futile, let's keep on spending money on things we may never use! My only advice is to keep it to a minimum, and buy these toys only when they are on sale, that way we won't end up living on the streets. 😉

Edited by Humberto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Humberto said:

Hey guys, I too try to resist buying more plugings but I can't stop doing it. The only way is to stay away from the internet, but that has become an addiction as well. So what can we do?... Well, since resistance is futile, let's keep on spending money on things we may never use! My only advice is to keep it to a minimum, and buy these toys only when they are on sale, that way we won't end up living on the streets. 😉

The other option is buying tutorials from places like Udemy when they are around $10.

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There was a big debate on either VI or Gearslutz about if Phoenix did anything different/better if you had Nimbus.  I think the answer they came to was yes, but it wasn't all that clear to me.  So I passed on this the last time it was on sale.  Maybe I should reconsider.

Izotope has no doubts about it ;) They say Nimbus is extended version of Phoenix. There is YT video about reverbs and they are saying it...

23 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Izotope has no doubts about it ;) They say Nimbus is extended version of Phoenix. There is YT video about reverbs and they are saying it...

maybe but there is also a surround version of phoenix but not nimbus ?