Extra CCs in PRV controller lane

Eric Heberling

Question

I'm not sure what I've done to cause this but I'm getting extra CCs in my PRV controller lane. Specifically CC 121, CC 91 & CC 64 which I've never entered into my current project. I've tried isolating the offending CCs to delete them but no representation of them show up either in the PRV or the Event Editor.  I delete the view for them in the left Controller pane of the PRV but if I switch to another track and back again they return. 

Has anyone in the Cakewalk Community experienced this? What is the solution?

8 answers to this question

David, I appreciate your quick response.  I tried your suggestion but it is not working on my end. I tried several ways of copying the track content to another track.

After creating a new blank MIDI track I verified that the offending controllers were not appearing. But no matter how I copied the contents of my original track to it, the extra controllers are always added.  I even filtered out everything but the notes themselves and then copied them over. Same result. The CCs are added.

The work around for me was to save the project as a MIDI file, reopen it and manually add and reassign all my synths and samples.

I assume then is that the project file became corrupted some how.

Eric

Is it possible that your keyboard controller is sending out these CC events? I have had this happen on a PCR-800 controller (fixed after spraying contact cleaner in the offending slider or knob)

Specifically,  CC 121 is Reset All Controllers, CC 91 is usually reverb level and CC 64 are sustain events.

David, I appreciate your quick response.  I tried your suggestion but it is not working on my end. I tried several ways of copying the track content to another track.

After creating a new blank MIDI track I verified that the offending controllers were not appearing. But no matter how I copied the contents of my original track to it, the extra controllers are always added.  I even filtered out everything but the notes themselves and then copied them over. Same result. The CCs are added.

The work around for me was to save the project as a MIDI file, reopen it and manually add and reassign all my synths and samples.

I assume then is that the project file became corrupted some how.

Eric

Aha! I discovered how the extra CCs are being introduced.  I do some back and forth with Sibelius via MIDI files. Sibelius is adding them on export. I found a way to disable that. It's still a mystery to me why they remain invisible in all of Cakewalk's editors except for the Piano Roll controller panel. (In the CC list to the left).  It still leaves no way to delete them in Cakewalk.

17 minutes ago, Eric Heberling said:

Aha! I discovered how the extra CCs are being introduced.  I do some back and forth with Sibelius via MIDI files. Sibelius is adding them on export. I found a way to disable that. It's still a mystery to me why they remain invisible in all of Cakewalk's editors except for the Piano Roll controller panel. (In the CC list to the left).  It still leaves no way to delete them in Cakewalk.

Are you sure they are invisible in the event list?   Have you selected all tracks when viewing and filtered to just view CCs