WHO is this alien??!

craigb

18 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Not bad, but what's he got on Vitas? 

An extra octave of range?

From what I'm reading, only two guys have a six-octave range:  Mike Patton (of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle fame) and Damish.

Mariah Carey tops the females with a five-octave range plus a few notes (Whitney Houston was also five-octaves).

I just saw one (singing in a different language) where he (Dimash) was all over the really low notes.  Damn...  I still haven't found him singing in English yet.

• Thanks 1

Very interesting that polyphonic overtone singing and she's quite good. Listened to more of Anna's overtone vids and noticed    my dog and furniture started to float half way through the vid....

Also that Dimash guy is something else, really enjoyed that.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, craigb said:

An extra octave of range?

From what I'm reading, only two guys have a six-octave range:  Mike Patton (of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle fame) and Damish.

Mariah Carey tops the females with a five-octave range plus a few notes (Whitney Houston was also five-octaves).

I just saw one (singing in a different language) where he (Dimash) was all over the really low notes.  Damn...  I still haven't found him singing in English yet.

Yeah but can Dimash do this at the 0:35 mark? 

And can Dimash do that wrist dance??? 

Edited by Christian Jones
don't know
  • Confused 1

Heh, yeah, I watched a few of Vitas' videos last night.  That is one weird dude!  A better question might be would Dimash even want to try that? 🤣

Then you have this weirdness:

I really like her singing in the beginning, but I just can't stand the other parts (from either S ex!).

Edited by craigb
What a stupid censor this forum has!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Heh, yeah, I watched a few of Vitas' videos last night.  That is one weird dude!  A better question might be would Dimash even want to try that? 🤣

I really like her singing in the beginning, but I just can't stand the other parts (from either S ex!).

You don't like that? I thought it was dope actually, thanks for turning me on to it

On 4/15/2020 at 7:49 AM, Mesh said:

Very interesting that polyphonic overtone singing and she's quite good. Listened to more of Anna's overtone vids and noticed    my dog and furniture started to float half way through the vid....

Also that Dimash guy is something else, really enjoyed that.   

I found Anna recently , She is pretty interesting , First time I have ever heard any one sing 2 notes at once ( or an overtone w a fundamental  at one time )

To tell you the truth , her sound is so pure when she sings regular ...when she does the overtones then her voice reminds me of a synth patch playing over her sweet sounding vocal ,...IMHO in a way it takes away from her sound ...

Yeah that Dimash guy can sing ...Yet I am sad to report that his whole sound and approach is totally not my thing ..

If there is  such a thing as  a hell for bubble gum music and musicians , he would  be the devil 😎

my 2 cent's ...

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, craigb said:

After she went into her Metal Vocals I started a brand new habit of  looking over  both my right and left shoulder  whenever  I listen to music in my Pad late at night .

I'm just not a fan of that type of sound  . It reminds me  of  a  Singing Monster from  one of the  many nightmares of my youth trying to sneak up on me while  coming  out of the shadows .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1