Cakewalk Command Center Downloads Folder

Starise

I was recently doing some shuffling around and reorganizing on my PC. I came across this folder that appears to be the downloads storage for the older Cakewalk command center.

Most of it looks like installers. What concerns me is some of it is marked "application". 

This folder is huge at 88gb. Would it be safe to simply empty it? Or will I loose valuable plugins? 

Cakewalk Downloads.JPG

Edited by Starise

By default Cakewalk Command Center stored all of the files it downloaded in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads

The path is set in the CCC settings.

All the files in the Downloads folder are installers used by CCC. They are the same as the installers in your old Cakewalk account. None of the files are used directly by the DAW.

The best thing to do is backup the files then clear the folder.

Restore the installers as need (for example when installing on a new machine). It will save the time needed to download the installers again.

• Like 1

You can back up Command Center installers in an external drive and after that you can delete Command Center installers.

In this way you can recuperate them if something goes wrong.

Edited by lapasoa
  • Great Idea 1

On 4/14/2020 at 2:40 AM, John Vere said:

You really only need to keep the latest.

IIRC, this is true except for the Engineering FX Suite.

The LP plug-ins were removed from this installer with the introduction of the LPhase series.

Don't have the X3 versions handy to say for certain but the LP plug-ins may have been updated after X3.

EngineerFXSuiteSetup_1.0.0.13.exe contains the last release of the LP plug-ins.

Thanks!

I copied everything over to another portable drive, deleted the contents of the folder. 

Can you tell me where that folder is  in CbB?  I looked in Preferences>Folders and didn't see that folder listed.  

Thanks!

%appdata%\bandlab-assistant \Downloads, however; BandLab Assistant deletes installers after running them

The folder location is displayed on the BandLab Assistant Settings page.

Click the gear in the upper left of BA to access the Settings page.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, scook said:

IIRC, this is true except for the Engineering FX Suite.

The LP plug-ins were removed from this installer with the introduction of the LPhase series.

Don't have the X3 versions handy to say for certain but the LP plug-ins may have been updated after X3.

EngineerFXSuiteSetup_1.0.0.13.exe contains the last release of the LP plug-ins.

That's good to know. I just looked in my back up of the old downloads folder- Its only 17.5 GB and I might have a few things missing, mostly what ever they are I don't use them. My engineerFX is 1.0.5.41  and I don't see the old one you mentioned so I should make sure to back that up too.