problems recording multiple midi tracks in loop

Jordi

When I record multiple midi tracks in Cakewalk or Sonar, why do I hear them all playing on the same instrument?

When i record the first midi track for example: a Bass then without stop the record then i select another midi track to record drums, then when the loop start again  is hear the first track with a bass sound and in the drum track recorded i hear the notes with the bass sound.

When i stop the record then the tracks are right.

I don't know? Could be that trying to record multiple tracks in a loop without stopping the transport has a bug?  Or that the input echo doesn't move when you select the next track to record? Or that while recording all the notes are playing back on the midi channel to which the original controller sent them on and then when you stop they get assigned to the tracks midi channel?

Double check the routing

If possible, use controller specific input settings instead of "All Tracks"

Check the VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI and turn off "Enable MIDI Output." Some plug-ins generate or pass though MIDI data.  This is enabled by default.

M9I2IRu.png

I tried this option, turn off the Enable Midi output, don't fix the problem. when i do the same using external synth, i have the same problem.

the first track a bass line, sound right and the second track a drum, play the notes recorded with the bass sound, when i stop the loop then two tracks are right.

Hi tecknot.

I use an external module Roland SC88 pro,connected to my audio card M-audio410, the drum kit is the midi chanel 10, the keyboard is the M-audio keystation88, but this problem is the same if i use a vsti drum.