15 watt guitar amp for the studio?

Pilutiful

I just *needed*  an upgrade in the Large diaphragm mic department. (Went with the Rode K2- very nice for the price) and an sE Reflextion Pro for same.  I also just paid my taxes (even though it isn't due to July, best to get that stuff out of the way). So the "Want" budget is severly depleted. 

15w can certainly be very loud full throttle.   Depending on the amp itself, if it has a good master volume, it can also have usable tone at bedroom levels.  

Using OD and compression pedals, in combination with the amp, can also get you usable gain tones at low volumes.

Edited by michaelhanson
  • Like 2

If you're looking for a small tube-amp for the home studio, you might want to check out either the Revv D-20 or the Revv G20 (depending on the amount of gain you're looking for).

• Both are 20w tube amps (12ax7 preamp tubes, 6v6 power tubes)
  • Embedded Two-Notes reactive-load (can be used without connecting a cab) and Torpedo Cab sim (can run two simultaneous Cab IRs)
  • 9-lbs

$1200-$1300

I just got the G20... and it sounds/responds great.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

If you're looking for a small tube-amp for the home studio, you might want to check out either the Revv D-20 or the Revv G20 (depending on the amount of gain you're looking for).

• Both are 20w tube amps (12ax7 preamp tubes, 6v6 power tubes)
  • Embedded Two-Notes reactive-load (can be used without connecting a cab) and Torpedo Cab sim (can run two simultaneous Cab IRs)
  • 9-lbs

$1200-$1300

I just got the G20... and it sounds/responds great.

I hope I never make the mistake of ordering one (and not using it) and ordering another a year later. 😋

• Haha 1