Samplitude Pro X5 is HERE

cclarry

You don't need to open in new tab. If you click on the picture, and then click again it zooms in and you can see that it isn't flat at all. It has dimension.  It it looks even more impressive inside Reaper.  Best Reaper theme that I've seen. 

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I can tell you that the Pro X5 interface is "improved"...better detail now.....

I agree. Just played with for about thirty minutes. Maybe it's just me or my Monitor (30" Dell at 2560x1600) but the Mixer should be allowed to be taller. It seemed a bit scrunched height wise. Maybe I missed some settings?

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

I agree. Just played with for about thirty minutes. Maybe it's just me or my Monitor (30" Dell at 2560x1600) but the Mixer should be allowed to be taller. It seemed a bit scrunched height wise. Maybe I missed some settings?

It's fully scalable Bapu...just grab a corner and stretch....

Even with the mixer in fully expanded mode everything is still pretty small as compared to SO4P or Reaper or CbB.

That would take some  getting used to for me. Maybe I'd need to change my resolution when in Mixing mode.

7 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Even with the mixer in fully expanded mode everything is still pretty small as compared to SO4P or Reaper or CbB.

That would take some  getting used to for me. Maybe I'd need to change my resolution when in Mixing mode.

I run everything in 1920 x 1080...and my Monitor is my TV...55" Sony 4K Flat Panel.

I ponied up the $249, but if it goes down to $199 next week, I'm going to be really annoyed.  But I was kind of following Bapu's reasoning.  Not really getting it for Samplitude so much as the other stuff.  

I did think it was probably good to get it while it still came with Spectral Layers 6, just in case 7 doesn't work well at first. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lizzie Foster said:

I ponied up the $249, but if it goes down to $199 next week, I'm going to be really annoyed.  But I was kind of following Bapu's reasoning.  Not really getting it for Samplitude so much as the other stuff.  

I did think it was probably good to get it while it still came with Spectral Layers 6, just in case 7 doesn't work well at first. 

Good plan!  It comes with quite a bit...Soundforge Pro 13, Spectral Layers 6 + 7, RX7 Elements, Ozone 9 Elements, Melodyne
Essential, and Convology XT Complete, which ALONE sells for $349, and the new eCoreFX Suite.

• Like 1

Problem is, I have Melodyne Editor and Studio, RX7 Standard, and Ozone 9 Advanced.  I also may have a version of Convology, but not sure which.   But I would really like to learn how to use spectral layers. 

Truthfully, I really need to learn how to use what I have before I buy anything more. Sigh. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lizzie Foster said:

I was kind of following Bapu's reasoning

Possibly the only time those words have ever appeared in the same sentence. 😀

Keep up that kind of behaviour and it's gonna get expensive........

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lizzie Foster said:

Problem is, I have Melodyne Editor and Studio, RX7 Standard, and Ozone 9 Advanced.  I also may have a version of Convology, but not sure which.   But I would really like to learn how to use spectral layers. 

Truthfully, I really need to learn how to use what I have before I buy anything more. Sigh. 

I think we all fall into that boat.

With regards to the "extras" you can sell them.  They come as New Serial #'s and you 
off them and recoup part of the expense!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paulo said:

Possibly the only time those words have ever appeared in the same sentence. 😀

Keep up that kind of behaviour and it's gonna get expensive........

I spend way too much on music stuff that I don't really use. Sigh.  😖

But, every so often, something really great comes along and makes the deals I bought worthwhile....  😃

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

With regards to the "extras" you can sell them.  They come as New Serial #'s and you 

I should really do this.  I just gave away a couple of Studio One 2 Producer S/N's that came with the Xchange Bundle.  I bought it for the Groove3 pass at $40.  I already have SO4 and it was easier just to give it away.  I've been mostly afraid to sell in case I get screwed, but really for something like this where I would never use it anyway, I might as well try and see how it goes. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, cclarry said:

As someone who owns and used Samplitude Pro X4 Suite as my primary DAW, I'm not sure why anyone would buy this for any reason other than the bonuses. I guess it can be a good Mastering DAW if you use Cakewalk forn music production. I dunno...

If you only record acoustic music and need something that edits Audio better than Cakewalk, it might be an upgrade in power, but a downgrade in usability/workflow/performance. 

I still keep it as a backup, but I did pass on this upgrade to crossgrade to Cubase Pro when I saw they didn't add much worth thinking about.  It looks and feels even worse to use now that I've been acclimating to Cubase. 

I've been playing around with Cakewalk, and I set it up in my brother's new Studio for him (so bnb I have I familiarize to provide support - otherwise better for him to buy a commercial DAW with a reliable on-demand support ecosystem). I actually think Cakewalk development outpacing Samplitude at the moment.