Samplitude Pro X5 is HERE

cclarry

To the layman, Samplitude is VERY intimitdating!  It's got more features than Carter's has
liver pills!  When you click on menu item 10,000 choices pop up, and THAT immediately 
scares a lot of people off.  It has a HUGE learning curve, due to having so many features,
but it  IS a POWERHOUSE of a DAW!  I wish that they would update the interface, and 
the skins aren't much help, but under the hood is a MONSTER!!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

To the layman, Samplitude is VERY intimitdating!  It's got more features than Carter's has
liver pills!  When you click on menu item 10,000 choices pop up, and THAT immediately 
scares a lot of people off.  It has a HUGE learning curve, due to having so many features,
but it  IS a POWERHOUSE of a DAW!  I wish that they would update the interface, and 
the skins aren't much help, but under the hood is a MONSTER!!!

Yeah I know. I had it installed a few years back (X3 version) when they were practically giving it away and I really tried to like it, but then the 1980's called and asked for their UI back.

• Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, paulo said:

It's gotta be bad if bapu don't wannit.

LOL!

Not that great as it used to be. 10 years ago it was very easy to work with. It would run effortlessly on my laptop. I had high hopes for X3, but was bitterly disappointed with no modern UI/UX updates and too many bugs like constant drop outs and frequent crashes. The only benefit was getting the suite with full Independence and SpectraLayers Pro. X4 and X5 don't bring anything worth paying for. I'm with Bapu on this one.

• Like 2

The first DAW I learned to use was Logic - on PC, then Cubase when Logic went all MAC... But the first DAW I bought was Sonar on Steam, started to learn    its functions and started to use it - then became quite frustrated when Cakewalk was closed 2 months after I bought their  DAW.    Moved on by using the free-version of Studio One that came bundled with my MIDI-keyboard, but didn´t like it.    Humble bundle introduced me to the Magix -stuff... Bought Acid very cheap and then moved on with Samplitude. I think it's a really good DAW, but not very  intuitive. Their annual overprized upgrades are annoying, but I love their Vst-plugins. I guess Ableton is the best DAW out now, but I´m not really into looping and sequencing, I want to write a song and record it, with good Vst-plugins that are fun to play with, and good effects for live instuments. I  believe Samplitude is a powerhouse, but still I really miss Logic on PC - that is my favourite DAW so far. I hope Bandlab continues to work on Sonar/Cakewalk and also Rapture. Which DAW:s do you recommend most for musicians using lots of VST-instruments, but not really into EDM-stuff that Ableton and FL studio seems to be targeted against? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martin Gustafsson said:

The first DAW I learned to use was Logic - on PC, then Cubase when Logic went all MAC... But the first DAW I bought was Sonar on Steam, started to learn    its functions and started to use it - then became quite frustrated when Cakewalk was closed 2 months after I bought their  DAW.    Moved on by using the free-version of Studio One that came bundled with my MIDI-keyboard, but didn´t like it.    Humble bundle introduced me to the Magix -stuff... Bought Acid very cheap and then moved on with Samplitude. I think it's a really good DAW, but not very  intuitive. Their annual overprized upgrades are annoying, but I love their Vst-plugins. I guess Ableton is the best DAW out now, but I´m not really into looping and sequencing, I want to write a song and record it, with good Vst-plugins that are fun to play with, and good effects for live instuments. I  believe Samplitude is a powerhouse, but still I really miss Logic on PC - that is my favourite DAW so far. I hope Bandlab continues to work on Sonar/Cakewalk and also Rapture. Which DAW:s do you recommend most for musicians using lots of VST-instruments, but not really into EDM-stuff that Ableton and FL studio seems to be targeted against? 

It's a guess for sure.   As a DAW collector I'm starting to keep track of how frequent one needs to pay up to keep up to date. Cakewalk started doing that after about Sonar 3 and I started walking away despite the only license I didn't have in my collection was Sonar 6. The popular DAWs are the ones designed for dance music workflow.   When I get a softsynth or presets I audition them in Bandlab.  As for value and less cost to keep up to date is FL, Bandlab, and Reaper.  Plus you can't beat the flexible licensing.  Studio One is another one.

• Like 2

They've had this tempo adjustment for quite some time. Not really sure when it was introduced first, but it's definitely not new. The track is, the functionality isn't.

They should've fixed/revamped their AQ feature, as  it's barely useable.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, paulo said:

It's gotta be bad if bapu don't wannit.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:19 AM, Soundwise said:

I'm with Bapu on this one.

Well, I did some pricing and for me to upgrade to Spectral Layers 6 ($199 form 4) and Sound Forge 14 ($199) it would cost me more than the price of Pro X5 Suite upgrade (which only contains SL 6 free upgrade to 7 and SF 13).

So I sheepishly say, my CC balance has now increased by $249. 😞 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Well, I did some pricing and for me to upgrade to Spectral Layers 6 ($199 form 4) and Sound Forge 14 ($199) it would cost me more than the price of Pro X5 Suite upgrade (which only contains SL 6 free upgrade to 7 and SF 13).

So I sheepishly say, my CC balance has now increased by $249. 😞 

And you'll save the price of the upgrade from SL 6 to 7....so there's that also!

• Great Idea 1

Personally I'm a big fan of Samplitude...I just wish they would redo the interface,
and get it out of the 80's....even the skins really don't help...but functionally it's 
a very powerful DAW...more so than most of the others.  It's just really intimidating
for those coming from others!  When you click on a menu and it flies open, and there
are hundreds of options that appear, most GASP in horror...LOL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Personally I'm a big fan of Samplitude...I just wish they would redo the interface,
and get it out of the 80's....even the skins really don't help...but functionally it's 
a very powerful DAW...more so than most of the others.  It's just really intimidating
for those coming from others!  When you click on a menu and it flies open, and there
are hundreds of options that appear, most GASP in horror...LOL

I like it better than the Cubase GUI.  The lack of tutorials holds a DAW back.  Your top DAWs also have a lot of 3rd party tutorials.  What I dislike about Magix is their frequent paid upgrades.  Smells like Finale.

• Like 1

I get that they want to keep the UI very "graphics friendly", but in this day and age
of powerful PC's/Mac's, you'd think that they could at least start to look at little more
"realistic" graphically, rather than (all) looking like cartoons!  That being said, 
Sonar's GUI is by far the best IMO...at least if "feels" right to me.  The others just seem
like "cheap cartoons" (IMO).  I'm waiting for one of these "Biggies" to unveil an ACTUAL
GUI that looks like hardware, and NOT software!  We're in the VR age...so it should be
REALLY easy to do for crying out loud!

Edited by cclarry

Smooth 6 - 1080P/HiDPI/Retina Theme for Reaper is pretty impressive:

G-TCP-MCP.png

If you right click on the pic, and open it in a new tap, and click on the pic, it zooms in,  and  you can really see how  beautiful the graphics are. 

Edited by S.L.I.P.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

Smooth 6 - 1080P/HiDPI/Retina Theme for Reaper is pretty impressive:

G-TCP-MCP.png

If you right click on the pic, and open it in a new tap, and click on the pic, it zooms in,  and  you can really see how  beautiful the graphics are. 

Yes, this is decent...still has the "Flat lifeless look", but nevertheless, decent

Edited by cclarry