Prochannel Plugins

Lee D

Boz Digital has a couple of packages on sale now that have PC modules

10db includes compressor and EQ PC modules

Hoser XT includes an EQ PC Module

Softube TSAR-1R reverb is on sale $45 - the PC Module is included (iLok  protected no dongle required)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that TSAR-1R reverb is showing up in my Pro Channel list on this system. Is that because I have the TSAR Reverb VST plugin installed ?

On my studio computer I never got around to installing the TSAR reverb and didn't notice it showing up in the list there. If that's the case I'll have to install the reverb on my studio computer. 😀

Edited by Teksonik

1 minute ago, Teksonik said:

I just noticed that TSAR-1R reverb is showing up in my Pro Channel list on this system. Is that because I have the TSAR Reverb VST plugin installed ?

Yes some VST2 plug-ins actually serve as PC modules too but version 2.4.96.0 of the Softube VST2/PC modules crash CbB when loaded as a PC module. For now, if you wish to use the Softube PC modules use the solution in this post

I have received acknowledgement from Softube that the problem has been sent to development but they have yet to provide a fix.

Ahhh I see, thanks. So if Cakewalk sees an eligible plugin installed in a scanned VST folder it adds it to the Pro Channel options. That's pretty cool. I wish more plugins qualified.  I was a Cakewalk user since somewhere around version 5 all the way to Sonar X3 and just recently started using the Bandlab version which is proving to be awesome.

I just checked and I'm running TSAR version 2.4.58 so i guess that's why it's loading without issue. This is my internet/test system so I'll go ahead and update to the latest version and see if I encounter loading issues. If I do then there wouldn't be much point installing it on my studio computer until a fix is released.

I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Yep 2.4.96  r287594 crashes CbB. I did find an old installer so may use it on the studio system or may just wait. 😀

Edited by Teksonik
Update

I don't remember there being a huge collection of the 3rd party plugins written for the PC. Judging from descriptions I've heard it's basically a normal vst with a different wrapper for the PC. Important considerations would be making the GUI small enough to fit into the PC and still be operational. Cakewalk are definitely onto something with regard to the workflow improvements if one only wanted to lean heavily on the PC as a one stop fx area.. The benefit being the toolkit is readily available in one open window. You can't do that stacking vst up in the fx bin. I liked the way automation was so closely tied to plug ins in the PC as well.

Without a doubt we have people here who could make these additions using standard vsts. Making a vst bin in the PC is somewhat helpful. It is more advantageous  to integrate the PC with PC written plugins IMHO. Anyone care to give this a try?