MIDI input device not saved on tracks

cwiggins999

I'm using an iConnectivity Audio4+ interface, and reproduced this issue at will with a new blank project. Insert a soft synth track folder, set MIDI track input to the USB MIDI channel 1 of my interface, save project, close Cakewalk, then open and reload project. The MIDI input is no longer the USB channel - usually set to Omni all devices. I see similar changes in other combinations - for example set to All Devices channel 3, reloading it is set to the MIDI port channel 3 on my interface. Confusing and frustrating each time I start work again on an existing project. Any one else see this, or suggestions? I'm using Version 2020.1(Build 28, 64 bit). The only device I've seen so far that correctly persists is the virtual controller.

Don't now if my issue is related, but I've been seeing something like this with regularity the past month or so: The input to my MIDI tracks keeps switching from my MIDI controller (Nektar LX-61+) to my audio interface (Scarlett 6i6). I have to switch it back manually. The Nektar controller has also lost a bunch of DAW functions, roughly, it seems to me, at the same time as this I/O weirdness. As usual, I don't remember exactly when this started, so I can't blame Noel for a bad update. Or can I...?