Cali Reverb Modern High Gain Amplifier [ Nembrini Audio ]

GaleOm

Doesn't do much for me, clean/lo/mid gain is ok, but pushing the gain higher sounds like faeces to my ears, and none of it sounds particularly 'amp like' or realistic, even with quality 3rd party IR's. It is better than the last 2, I sold them.

Anyone want to pay the transfer fee for this? iLok transfer fee is $25, so you will only be saving $4 lol. I might be prepared to transfer the license before payment depending on who it is (ie no new comers with 1 post sorry, preferably someone who has been around the old forums etc that I recognise) then you can pay me via PayPal. ***SOLD***

Oh well only $29 (about $45AU), maybe one day I will learn.

Edited by ensconced

10 hours ago, ensconced said:

Doesn't do much for me, clean/lo/mid gain is ok, but pushing the gain higher sounds like faeces to my ears, and none of it sounds particularly 'amp like' or realistic, even with quality 3rd party IR's. It is better than the last 2, I sold them.

Anyone want to pay the transfer fee for this? iLok transfer fee is $25, so you will only be saving $4 lol. I might be prepared to transfer the license before payment depending on who it is (ie no new comers with 1 post sorry, preferably someone who has been around the old forums etc that I recognise) then you can pay me via PayPal.

Oh well only $29 (about $45AU), maybe one day I will learn.

What is your signal chain including pc?

Also they have demos mate so you can test them.

You're giving a great deal for those amps.

I've been doing this for 25 years plus, it has nothing to do with my signal chain, I know what I am doing, this new one, along with the other 2 Nembrini amps just don't do anything for me, quite the contrary.

I'm well aware there are demo's available, it's only $29US, neither here nor there really. But as I said earlier, maybe one day I'll learn 😉

The first 2, BST100 and MRH810 I got rid of also for the price of License transfer ($25US), so not really that good a deal, as with this one only saves the buyer $4 on intro price, I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay anything close to full price for these amps.

The Cali Reverb has been sold, I see Nembrini stuff for sale on regular occasions on KVR, so I'm not alone. Main thing is you like what you are using, you like the sound you get, doesn't mean squat what anyone else thinks, enjoy.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 2

You should be able yo fix that, just do a google search for vcruntime140.dll, you'll get heaps of results, look at the Microsoft site one (and others, but be ware), it's likely you just need to update some runtime file/files.

Good Luck

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ensconced said:

You should be able yo fix that, just do a google search for vcruntime140.dll, you'll get heaps of results, look at the Microsoft site one (and others, but be ware), it's likely you just need to update some runtime file/files.

Good Luck

Yeah, I know, thanks, is just I am trying to find out if this comes with a vcruntime of some sort and not the dll on its own, I like to have a perfect system in case I need to reinstall it all and don't have the same problem in the future.

For example, it comes in the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC, but it gives me error when I try to install it, as it says a newer version is installed.

27 minutes ago, GaleOm said:

If installer makes problem try to manually replace file( if you didn`t already).

Nope, I already had the files in their respective folders, and I could replace only the 64 bits one.
So, this amazing video shows like 3 or 4 methods, and the last one is like the final call, he sends you here
https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/all-in-one-runtimes/
So you can download this "big" file and unpack it then run the exe, which allows you to install ALL the c++ that are out there,
namely Visual C++ Runtimes 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2019.

Restarted.

I am happy now ;)

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 12:58 AM, Craig Fowler said:

Ooooh...Not what I was hoping for from them, but still interesting!

What were you hoping for? Personally I don't poke high gain amps that much. I prefer to get a good gain amp like the MRH810 and high gain it myself w/ a pedal out front. And I really don't like Mesa which I assume this is supposed to be

Edited by Christian Jones
*like, not poke.. but I'm gonna leave it

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What were you hoping for? Personally I don't poke high gain amps that much. I prefer to get a good gain amp like the MRH810 and high gain it myself w/ a pedal out front. And I really don't like Mesa which I assume this is supposed to be

G-e-t t-h-e d-e-m-o

It has a crunchy preset, loooove it myself (I know, we all like different things). My guitar is an LP Gibson Studio.
To me this one beats the other 2 Nembrini ones.
Cheers.

4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I thought they'd got the crunch/high gain kinda covered with the Marshall/Soldano, so I was hoping for some twist on the clean/jangle Perhaps something brownface Fendery or Voxy!

With that said, I *do* like the clean audio clips they've posted, so will demo to see how they work for me!

• Like 2