any using OBS (or any streaming program) withDAW and Digital Interface?

I did a trial connection with a friend using www.audiomovers.com VST plugin.  I put it on a bus in CbB.  The destination link is given to the person on the other side who can have it as a VST simply in a browser window.   Our visual connection was Zoom so a cut/paste in the Chat window was used for passing the URL to him. 

I've also configured vMix for a variety of uses (sort of like OBS) but never tried to integrate AudioMovers with it. 

Give a fuller description of what you want to accomplish and I'll see if I can provide some useful input.

52 minutes ago, MediaGary said:

I did a trial connection with a friend using www.audiomovers.com VST plugin.  I put it on a bus in CbB.  The destination link is given to the person on the other side who can have it as a VST simply in a browser window.   Our visual connection was Zoom so a cut/paste in the Chat window was used for passing the URL to him. 

I've also configured vMix for a variety of uses (sort of like OBS) but never tried to integrate AudioMovers with it. 

Give a fuller description of what you want to accomplish and I'll see if I can provide some useful input.

Hi. Thank you. Yes, I just want to be able to get direct sound from computer, preferably through cakewalk into OBS instead of using my phone sound audio. I am using my phone camera into my computer with a program called IV Cam, but want the sound to come from my DAW. I have tried so many things and it is all so complicated -or flakey. I have tried Voxengo, Voice Tweet Banana, Asio Pro something or other and am back to square one.

I use ORS Studio for video and audio grabbing a Cakewalk session with vocal commentry .

For this I use two ASIO compatible devices.  A PCI card (Asus Xonar DS)  and a Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen - both with their respective latest drivers.

I set Cakewalk to use the PCI card and ORB Studio to using the Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen.  I record Cakewalk's Audio output by sending the PCI card's out to the Focusrite (via some hardware routing.   Of course, I am also using the ORB Studio ASIO plugin. 

The Audio from the PCI card and a microphone is routed from a hardware mixer to the Focusrite.  ORB Studio is configured to record audio using the Focusrite's ASIO plugin.

It does help to have a graphics card that can use Hardware to do the actual encoding via something like NVENC (or Shadowplay).  For this to be possible, you need an Nvidia GTX 630 or above GPU.  Using a GPU frees the system CPU for DAW related tasks without glitching.

This is how I am able to do Cakewalk Tutorials.

• Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...

I regularly stream my DAW on my YouTube channel, so I may be able to help.

If needed I can drop some screen shots in here. 

So here is my workaround. I have a Focusrite 6i6 that has two headphone out jacks. I have a Stereo cable leading from one headphone jack to the Line In of the PC on the back panel.

That second headphone jacks volume knob becomes my level for OBS and I have it labeled as PC Sound.

I use a second cheaper M-Audio mini that I picked up for like $35 to keep my mic separate from the PC sound and set my OBS monitoring settings to hear everything in one set of headphones. (The other open jack in the Focusrite)

So far over done some pretty in-depth stuff live with good results. The only time it gets crazy is when I’m interviewing someone on Skype, but there are always workarounds. 😉

Let me know if this helped, if  not I can Skype you to help get you up and running! Below are some examples of the quality.

Skype Interview:

Some music playing through:

Some mixing type stuff: