importing audio tracks

Lucy

Question

Hey guys

have you ever experienced it that you've tried to import WAV files into the DAW, but there's been a limit to how many tracks you can do? I clicked to open the third WAV file, but nothing uploaded into the track.

any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Lucy- When you say the DAW, do you mean the Cakewalk by Bandlab application  that is running on your PC, or the online Mix Editor collaboration tool that you access through your Bandlab login?

Im finding the "Export to Bandlab" functionality the be extremely wonky and unreliable in Cakewalk by Bandlab but am chalking it up  to the fact that Im  not on Windows 10 and that level of integration needs a nice revenue generation ad sponsor browser like Chrome or Edge., so my very locked down browser isn't letting the traffic through. 

About the most reliable way to get the files into Bandlab for me is to mix them down to a MP3 or WAV, then upload using a Chrome or Edge as your browser.  You have to be careful to look at the advanced options if you dont want Bandlab to helpfully master for you. 

Ive not seen any limit on the number of WAVs you can import into Cakewalk by Bandlab - certainly more than three, and have only farted around with Midi Files in the Mix Editor. 

Edited by StudioNSFW

There is no hard limit on the number of clips CbB can import.

Sometimes a clip appears not to import and no error message is displayed. Often the clip is imported far to the right on the timeline.

This is because the clip is a broadcast wave, Always Import Broadcast Wave at Their Timestamp is enabled (this is default) and the clip has a timestamp placing it far down the timeline.