making and transferring stems to other DAWs (urgent)

Lucy

Question

This is urgent, as it is a tertiary study project that's due in less than a day. If anyone could help me with this it will be much appreciated. Images attached below.

Could anyone tell me how to make and transfer stems from CbB to any other DAW to make it easier to collaborate with others.

I've gone up to the top left and clicked the 'Export' button (see second image down). I went for the Open Media Framework (OMF) option first because the help panel said it was designed for "cross platform compatibility", which seemed in line with what I wanted. But when I clicked on it nothing happened, and went I went from File---> Export----> it was there as an option but it was in grey (see last image).

Then I tried saving it as an audio file (see third image) (I chose WAV file because that's what I usually use when sharing audio files back and forth with friends) and it said 'mixing down audio' up in the transport module, but then I found that either the file would not save, or when it did save it just came up as one file to be played not as separate audio files (see first image)

This isn't really what I wanted. I wanted to be able to transfer whole projects back and forth between the DAWs so we can each other's separate tracks in the session and add our own tracks.

Does anyone know how i can achieve this? In the name of collaboration?

thanks

WAV file.PNG

ExportasOMF.jpg

ExportasAudio.jpg

whyisitgrey.jpg

Edited by Lucy
didn't realise the images would blow up huge and lose their previous file names

1 answer to this question

For all tracks or buses,

Clear all selections

Open the audio export dialog either from the Export Module Advanced... option or from File > Export > Audio

To export all tracks set the Source Category to Tracks, enter a file name and click Export.

Set the Source Category to buses to export all buses.

This will create 1 audio clip each starting at 0 for all tracks and/or buses

• Thanks 1