Been requesting this forever!!!

SloHand Solo

This drives me absolutely nuts!  In the PRV, when working with MIDI tracks, zoom can be controlled by ALT + mouse scroll wheel.  But this doesn't work in the PRV drum pane.  It's such a pain in the ***** to have to use the on-screen zoom controls!  This totally disrupts workflow.

In a similar fashion, ALT + mouse scroll wheel doesn't work when the PRV envelopes at the bottom has the focus.  Works (or doesn't work) the same as the drum pane.  It's very inconsistent.

This is how my Cakewalk behaves, I belieeeve I haven't remapped the default keybindings: 😁

1. When the mouse pointer hovers over the Drum PRV, then ALT + scrollwheel does nothing.
  2. When the mouse pointer hovers over the regular PRV area, ALT + scrollwheel zooms in horizontally.
  3. Pressing CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT zooms in horizontally, regardless of focus.

And oh, you should probably make the thread name a bit more descriptive. :)

Edited by GreenLight
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, GreenLight said:

This is how my Cakewalk behaves, I belieeeve I haven't remapped the default keybindings: 😁

1. When the mouse pointer hovers over the Drum PRV, then ALT + scrollwheel does nothing.
  2. When the mouse pointer hovers over the regular PRV area, ALT + scrollwheel zooms in horizontally.
  3. Pressing CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT zooms in horizontally, regardless of focus.

And oh, you should probably make the thread name a bit more descriptive. :)

You might have mapped this, because it doesn't seem to work by default, at least where I'm sitting.  I'll see if I can map it to work.  

On 4/19/2020 at 12:42 AM, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

I can confirm! Alt + Mousewheel doesn't work in DrumPane, but in normal PRV view!

If in Focus, Ctrl+ (Left/Right) Zooms in/Out

Bassman.

For me, even if the drum pane has focus, CTRL +L/R does nothing.  That's what's been so frustrating for me.  I haven't found any other way to zoom the drum pane other than to click the onscreen zoom controls, or drag part of the time bar.  I'm a long time programmer, so I don't think it's just something I'm not doing correctly.  I also tried mapping keyboard shortcuts to the zoom controls, and still...