Tribute To My Dad

Leadfoot

I just wanted to post this tribute to my Dad. He passed away Monday, February 4, 2019 at 2:45am. He was 77. He served aboard the USS Intrepid CV-11 aircraft carrier from 1959-1963. He was involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis, and was also involved in retrieving astronaut Scott Carpenter when he returned to Earth. After that, he was a firefighter for 33 years, retiring in 2000, after suffering back injuries from falling through one too many roofs. He was a true hero, and I miss him terribly. Thanks for letting me post this. I love you, Dad.

5c5a02264b6e3.jpg

Edited by Leadfoot
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Bob,

Very sorry for your loss, and also great tribute to your Dad!

Coincidentally, my Dad also died on February 4th, back in 1992, which also just happened to be his 73rd birthday.

Sincere condolences, and sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Best Wishes,
Bob

• Thanks 1

Thanks to your Father for his lifetime of service and to you and your family for the sacrifices made that allowed your dad to serve our country and it's citizens. God Bless you and your family in your time of this great loss.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear mate. I cant begin to imagine what you are feeling. I am dreading my parents passing too as they are getting up there in age.  Seems your dad lived a full life and did more than others can only dream of. Hang in there!

• Thanks 1

Again, thank you all so much. Your sentiments are all very thoughtful and much appreciated. I just found out that there will be an honor guard from the Navy and from the fire dept. as well at his funeral. I won't be able to hold it together when they play Taps and fire the salute. He deserves the honors though. Thanks again guys.

• Like 2