.ins patch bank with patches from different banks

Hi

In an .ins file, Is it possible to have a single  patch bank that can have patches that are located in different banks with different bank numbers.

I have a Yamaha Genos and I would like to create instrument bank definitions that put all the instruments in a certain category in the same bank.

Example: All the acoustic pianos in one bank. But each piano patch in Genos has a different bank number. I created a list of all the Sonar bank numbers for each patch in Genos. Now it would nice to create a bank for each instrument type. Pianos, E Pianos, Organs etc.

Is this possible?

Thank You

But what you can do is use the Patch Browser for that. Right click in the midi track patch selection drop down menu and the Patch Browser appears. You can search your .ins file for the assigned instrument there, by text. If you do not have all presets with significant names, like EP, or Piano, just edit the .ins file and add a category prefix to the name, and search that. Like bas:Lowly or epi:PhaseyRhod, gpi:Steinway and so on. That way, if you search bas: you get all basses. Up and down arrows scroll the results AND  select the patch too, so it is very convenient.

4 hours ago, JoseC said:

But what you can do is use the Patch Browser for that. Right click in the midi track patch selection drop down menu and the Patch Browser appears. You can search your .ins file for the assigned instrument there, by text. If you do not have all presets with significant names, like EP, or Piano, just edit the .ins file and add a category prefix to the name, and search that. Like bas:Lowly or epi:PhaseyRhod, gpi:Steinway and so on. That way, if you search bas: you get all basses. Up and down arrows scroll the results AND  select the patch too, so it is very convenient.

Thank you. Yes, i just started playing with patch browser. It's works great and it inserts the bank change and program change in one click.