Hardware instrument definitions

dwf2008

Question

I recently purchased a Kurzweil PC3 keyboard. It is connected to the computer via usb. I installed the instrument definition file (ins) and the patches and banks appear properly in the patch names list. They also appear properly in the insert bank/patch change dialog. However, they do not appear in the patch browser in the track inspector. How do I remedy this?

Also, what happened to the Event List view? I cannot find it anywhere in the menus. How do i find/edit/delete a patch change that was entered via the Insert dialog?

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, dwf2008 said:

I installed the instrument definition file (ins) and the patches and banks appear properly in the patch names list. They also appear properly in the insert bank/patch change dialog. However, they do not appear in the patch browser in the track inspector. How do I remedy this?

To make the patches appear in the track browser, you need to set the MIDI track to a channel rather than setting it to "none".

Also, one thing to note that there is a bug pertaining to patch change events as displayed in the event list.  If the patch name is too long, then the name of the patch will not appear in the event list even though the patch event itself is present.  This bug is also present with the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab (including 2020.4 Build 151 ER)

I have reported this bug to the Bakers.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:18 AM, Promidi said:

To make the patches appear in the track browser, you need to set the MIDI track to a channel rather than setting it to "none".

Also, one thing to note that there is a bug pertaining to patch change events as displayed in the event list.  If the patch name is too long, then the name of the patch will not appear in the event list even though the patch event itself is present.  This bug is also present with the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab (including 2020.4 Build 151 ER)

I have reported this bug to the Bakers.

Thank you both. I am slowly getting it to work.