Drum-heads to Face-Shields

Gswitz

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but it occurred to me that those face shields will probably fetch a much higher (like 10x) price than drum heads.

Medical equipment is very profitable. I once met a multi-millionaire who lived in unbelievable luxury (e.g. he had a lake built next to his house for his float plane). The source of his great wealth? He invented a slide tray. A piece of molded plastic to hold slides and sold to hospitals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but it occurred to me that those face shields will probably fetch a much higher (like 10x) price than drum heads.

Medical equipment is very profitable. I once met a multi-millionaire who lived in unbelievable luxury (e.g. he had a lake built next to his house for his float plane). The source of his great wealth? He invented a slide tray. A piece of molded plastic to hold slides and sold to hospitals.

Heh, reminds me of another guy who came up with those caps they put on top of pilings in water areas.  Keeps the birds off and saves the posts from erosion.  Probably costs about 30 cents to make, but sell for $9.  One piece of molded plastic and that inventor made millions.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:02 AM, bitflipper said:

It says right on the page in the "100,000 face shields per week" that this is transforming the company from music accessories to medical necessities! Better get your music stuff now... the day may come that they stop dealing in that musical "rubbish," but might custom order sterile (and disposable) guitar pics at $35 a piece for you!

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, craigb said:

Heh, reminds me of another guy who came up with those caps they put on top of pilings in water areas.  Keeps the birds off and saves the posts from erosion.  Probably costs about 30 cents to make, but sell for $9.  One piece of molded plastic and that inventor made millions.

For this business it is crucial people keep eating bats, last 20 years or so bat is the best chance of getting a good pandemic.

I'm confident that there's not gonna be any serious action against bat consumption for a few years at least though.

Without this pandemic there were no problems in the world whatsoever !