2020.04 Early Access installer now available!

I've composed quite a complicated song with lots of changes and different sections. I was wondering about chopping up certain sections and changing major parts.

This arranger tool is going to be phenomenal to hearing different applications of the themes!!!

Thank you so much!!!

• Like 2

I was drinking yesterday and a bit upset please forgive me if anyone is offended.

Im a bit upset I was told be email that the issue I was having with Maschine was resolved.  But I have installed the beta and the issue still remains. I have been notified through email on multiple occasions to close my ticket yet no resolution.   I love Cakewalk don't get me wrong but it does get frustrating when someone tells you it has been resolved but hasn't.   I know everyone is busy , I sent this ticket in at the beginning of January and was told multiple times would be fixed in the next release.   Maybe it will be and it is just not in the beta,  I guess I will see soon.

Markmusicman

Edited by markrounds

11 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

For every   1 musician that uses a staff view there are easily 100 or more that do not use them on any regular basis.  

But it still is a present feature in the program that should be updated, the same applies to Matrix view. In my opinion, is better to deprecate the features that are abandoned to avoid problems and complains.

@Noel BorthwickBorthwick

Thanks to you and the rest of the bakers for the update! Is there any plans for developing a Mac version? Is the only aspect that makes me not to jump into Cakewalk  completely. 

Edited by Feral State Sound
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Feral State Sound said:

Is there any plans for developing a Mac version? Is the only aspect that makes me not to jump into Cakewalk  completely. 

This was attempted a couple of years back, but the results weren't productizable. And now that Cakewalk is free, you'd have to be insane to think that the costs associated with such a development are recoverable.

No current plans to make Cakewalk itself cross platform. We're working on other cross platform apps and our efforts could ultimately help facilitate a full cross platform port but its very unlikely to happen in the near future.

Staff view is a lower priority since it is one of the least used features. We try to make incremental updates to it but it was never intended to be a full blown score editor.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

This was attempted a couple of years back, but the results weren't productizable. And now that Cakewalk is free, you'd have to be insane to think that the costs associated with such a development are recoverable.

How about a crowdsourcing campaign? I'm sure many dedicated fans like myself would gladly donate into the cause to get a Mac version developed.

On 4/11/2020 at 5:27 PM, markrounds said:

I was drinking yesterday and a bit upset please forgive me if anyone is offended.

Im a bit upset I was told be email that the issue I was having with Maschine was resolved.  But I have installed the beta and the issue still remains. I have been notified through email on multiple occasions to close my ticket yet no resolution.   I love Cakewalk don't get me wrong but it does get frustrating when someone tells you it has been resolved but hasn't.   I know everyone is busy , I sent this ticket in at the beginning of January and was told multiple times would be fixed in the next release.   Maybe it will be and it is just not in the beta,  I guess I will see soon.

Markmusicman

@markrounds what specific issue are you referring to? I'm not aware of any Maschine problem that came my way. Do you have a case number for this?

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Staff view is a lower priority since it is one of the least used features. 

I would use staff view a -lot- more if it were a bit less problematic. I do a lot of writing/arranging, not looking for a score editor, and an even somewhat robust display/note entry would be awesome for working out horn charts, harmonies, guitar voicings, etc.  I do appreciate the latest update, continue to prefer CxB for workflow and make do with the PRV and exporting as needed. 

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Staff view is a lower priority since it is one of the least used features. We try to make incremental updates to it but it was never intended to be a full blown score editor.

I am one of those who never uses the staff view for note entry.  I only use the staff view to enter lyrics.  Any other music data entry is either played directly or entered using the PRV.    A fully staff view entered track would sound too robotic as all the notes would be bang on the beats - something you do not want for a track to sound natural and alive.   Even strict time tracks (like techno or EDM) is better off entered using the PRV.

In fact I would prefer incremental improvements to the PRV - like the ability to rename controller lanes  (But that's a discussion for another forum).

35 minutes ago, jackson white said:

I would use staff view a -lot- more if it were a bit less problematic. I do a lot of writing/arranging, not looking for a score editor, and an even somewhat robust display/note entry would be awesome for working out horn charts, harmonies, guitar voicings, etc.  I do appreciate the latest update, continue to prefer CxB for workflow and make do with the PRV and exporting as needed. 

I would prefer staff view to piano roll when editing notes in midi

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, Promidi said:

A fully staff view entered track would sound too robotic as all the notes would be bang on the beats ...In fact I would prefer incremental improvements to the PRV 

@Promidi  agreed, was only referring to "writing/arranging". I do -all- of my tracking with real musicians in real time. The last major PRV overhaul (> a year+ ago?) was well thought out and useful but increased use has triggered some thoughts on potential improvements, particularly wrt to drum maps. 

Edited by jackson white
spelling

22 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@markrounds what specific issue are you referring to? I'm not aware of any Maschine problem that came my way. Do you have a case number for this? Here is the link to the issue I posted on the Forum. When using a count in measure in Cakewalk the now time is jumping forward slightly in Maschine. You can clearly see it in the video.
here is a link to the issue,
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/10584-possible-bug-in-cakwalk/
Mark

Here is the case number,
This is a follow-up to your previous request #251255 "Issue"

Edited by markrounds

@Noel Borthwick  Noel, is there a possibility to include a previous version roll back feature to each new version release of CbB? 

I am still having issues with the Early Access release and I would hate to get into a situation where I would attempt to update and be stuck without a working version. I'm still having issues related to post

image.png.d747f0d21ee3202151bb97d674cd2f63.png

image.png