Morten Saether

PSA: Theme changes in the upcoming 2020.04 release

The 2020.04 Early Access release is now available. Existing custom themes may not display properly in version 2020.04 until the themes have been updated. If you use custom themes, please be aware of the following additions/changes in Theme Editor:

Control Bar > Modules > Transport:

• Arranger preview
  • Arranger preview (small)

ProChannel:

• Previous Preset
  • Next Preset

ProChannel > ProChannel category:

• Default Category
  • Frequency Category
  • Dynamics Category
  • Simulation Category
  • Distortion Category
  • Time Category
  • Modulation Category
  • Imaging Category
  • FX Chain Category
  • Analysis Category

Inspectors:

• Arranger Tab
  • Arranger Tab (small)
  • Arranger Tab (collapsed)
  • Clip Tab
  • Clip Tab (small)
  • Clip Tab (collapsed)
  • Track Tab
  • Track Tab (small)
  • Track Tab (collapsed)
  • Bus Tab
  • Bus Tab (small)
  • Bus Tab (collapsed)
  • ProChannel Tab
  • ProChannel Tab (small)
  • ProChannel Tab (collapsed)

Markers view:

• Marker Lock Indicator

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

ProChannel > ProChannel category:

• Default Category
  • Frequency Category
  • Dynamics Category
  • Simulation Category
  • Distortion Category
  • Time Category
  • Modulation Category
  • Imaging Category
  • FX Chain Category
  • Analysis Category

Interesting how some of these categories don't match any of the current collection of ProChannel modules.

Interesting indeed.🤨

1 hour ago, Matthew White said:

😲 Oh man I have a lot to do! Why did I make so many Themes? lol. Will wait till main release before I start though. Thanks for the list @Morten Saether 🙂

hehehe.  I was thinking how much work there would be for the outstanding theme developers like yourself.

• Like 2

It is one reason I only brought 3 themes from Platinum and have not created any new ones.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have a question that stems from something I was going to explore when reading the posts about someone who wanted different colored meters in an existing theme.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I create an exported theme file of personal preferences (or maybe new/unchanged parameters), couldn't I just import those on top of any other theme to add them?   If that method will work, I thought I'd do that by starting with a single set of just the new/changed parameters (tweaked).

I was pleased to see that (unless I am mistaken) the new package (EA version) includes the updated editor with the new parameters.

If there is an easier method to change sets of parameters in an existing theme, or if this method won't work with new/changed parameters, I'd be interested to know.  (It will save me time testing.)

Edited by User 905133

User themes contain images and color settings which modify Mercury.

Mercury is the name used to refer to the Windows resource files TTSImages.dll and TTSRES.dll shipped with CbB.

Any changes to these files automatically show up in the theme editor.

This is why new items show up in user themes as they appear in Mercury.

Changes to images sizes create display problems in CbB when running an old theme.

CbB 2020.04 EA contains new elements and size changes for some images. To run CbB 2020.04 it is necessary to use Mercury or Tungsten until users update their themes.

May I request this information as a regular thing when there's any changes to the GUI please? Unless that's the plan already. Very helpful for tracking down those new/changed items when updating Themes. Cheers!

• Like 1