Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying this lockdown with extra creativity and recording. I was until Cakewalk  started acting up, and i'm hoping someone has had this same issue, as i have not been able to find anything on the internet for this one. DAW loads up with no problem, when i load up a song, it stops when it gets to Addictive Drums 2 and this prompt pops up [Attached below]. The only button that does anything is the 1st-Switch to, and it takes me to my Windows 8 start screen, and i can't find anything open. I cant do anything with the DAW and its an endless circle, the only way to get out of it is to restart my desktop. Ive checked the drum maps and everything looks as it should. This started when i was still using the old official Sonar program, thought that could be a problem so downloaded Bandlab version and its the same. Updated AD2 and Melodyne before i switched to Bandlab, and i know updated can mess things up, Thank you if anyone has any ideas. Im not the most computer literate person so there might be a simple answer.

20200408_124634 (2).jpg

This is almost certainly an issue in Addictive Drums 2 - can't say I've seen it myself though.

Things to try:
1.  Open the XLN Online Installer, and make sure everything is up to date
2. Check your firewall settings, and make sure it's not blocking access to either Cakewalk or XLN Online Installer.

You may find that step 1 is all you need, as this will not only make sure everything is up to date, it will also ensure your license is refreshed so chances are it won't feel a need to connect to the XLN server.

Note: Windows updates can change what XLN thinks is the "Computer ID", so it thinks you're running on a different machine. This is a known issue with XLN products. The only way around it is to remove authorisation for your "old" computer id, and re-authorise it.

• Like 1

I updated AD2 before i switched to Bandlab, but this problem started in Sonar and that prompted me to start updating to solve the problem, as i had an "it isnt broke, im not touching it" attitude to my DAW. I checked all the mapping, and every resource ive found online looks just like mine, perhaps ive missed something so i'll go back over it.Ive looked at some other DAWs and Presonus Studio 4 has some amazing Drum editing capabilities that go far beyond the step editor in Cakewalk and thats what its all about for me. I really appreciate your reply

Did a bit more research... this is a Windows error that comes up when two programs are trying to access the same file at the same time.

Do you have a virus checker running, or a cloud backup service running (e.g. OneDrive) ? My hunch is that it's trying to access the file at the same time as something else.

Make sure the following are excluded from any virus checkers or cloud sync programs:

• Your Cakewalk project & audio directories (i'd also exclude the Cakewalk program and %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\ directories too)
  • Your VST directories
  • Any VST sample content directories