Excalibur Crossgrade offer

Starise

Didn't see that one. I just ordered this.

They threw in the Punisher for free plus I earned a little virtual cash.

I bought Phoenix on a deal  and had hoped they would have a deal like this for Nimbus. It is discounted 50% at PB . Still around 80 clams.

• Like 1

Can’t get the demo of this to run whatever I do. Ilok says redemption limit reached. Tried izotope and plugin boutique but trial serial number is same on both. I guess at this price no real need to demo

There are a few videos on the site. Lots of presets. Seems to be a learning curve. Probably not the kind of thing I'll throw on and immediately know how to use it.

Shouldn't take much to get around it though with a little investigation. I'm guessing it can be automated.

41 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I tried to pull my credit card out of my wallet, but it wouldn't budge. I'm not worthy.

You could investigate if you have equivalents.  I could do Live racks all day.  How is this any different than loading up FX in a channel.  I think I also have one of these things from PA.

Oh my, I'm happy to say that I went to Pluginboutique to check out the #StayInCreate package of freebies, you know, Neutron Elements 3, the Producertech courses, Radio plug-in, Loopmasters content, and I had Neutron Elements 3 in my cart and looked down below and what to my eyes should appear but they have a "You might also be interested in...." that included yet another iZotope/Exponential plug-in, Excalibur, for $9.99.

I didn't even bother to trial it, after my experience with Phoenix Verb I knew that whatever that guy at Exponential came up with, it would be worth the tenner for at least one license, which would also qualify me for the little Denise trifle that's this month's PB freebie. And oh heck yeah it is. I guess it's supposed to be a sort of like those old digital multiFX rack units.

So the promotion worked just like it was supposed to, I bought a product from the company that was giving another one away for free.

(another piece of the puzzle for those who might still be wondering "how can BandLab possibly ever make money on Cakewalk if they give it away for free?")

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh my, I'm happy to say that I went to Pluginboutique to check out the #StayInCreate package of freebies, you know, Neutron Elements 3, the Producertech courses, Radio plug-in, Loopmasters content, and I had Neutron Elements 3 in my cart and looked down below and what to my eyes should appear but they have a "You might also be interested in...." that included yet another iZotope/Exponential plug-in, Excalibur, for $9.99.

I didn't even bother to trial it, after my experience with Phoenix Verb I knew that whatever that guy at Exponential came up with, it would be worth the tenner for at least one license, which would also qualify me for the little Denise trifle that's this month's PB freebie. And oh heck yeah it is. I guess it's supposed to be a sort of like those old digital multiFX rack units.

So the promotion worked just like it was supposed to, I bought a product from the company that was giving another one away for free.

(another piece of the puzzle for those who might still be wondering "how can BandLab possibly ever make money on Cakewalk if they give it away for free?")

It's owned by one of the richest people in China.  Maybe owning what was once a big name DAW is a hobby.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I just can't resist sometimes, it's become a compulsion.

Showing the light to people who use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to express doubt that there's any way a company could have a plan for making money from their 4 free DAW's....

I'll just go sing a poor boy's song....

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm sorry, I just can't resist sometimes, it's become a compulsion.

Showing the light to people who use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to express doubt that there's any way a company could have a plan for making money from their 4 free DAW's....

I'll just go sing a poor boy's song....

You should see the FL users who always gives Image Line business advice fearing they would go under with their free lifetime updates that have existed for 20 years.

• Haha 1

I remember being a little kid and as I started to understand how the world functioned, that it wasn't Mommy's Magic Purse, you had to get paid in order to be able to do things, watching TV and having this sudden moment of panic and confusion when I realized that the people doing it were giving it away for free. And I was really freaked out, like little kids get when they don't understand something that's really important to them.

I grew up in Los Angeles, I understood from an early age that movies and TV cost a lot of money to produce, yet TV was free. I couldn't ask anyone because I didn't want to seem stupid.

Finally it dawned on me: the commercials. The people who run the commercials pay the people who do the shows to run the commercials. But for that time period before I got it, I was really freaked out, I felt like I was in danger of losing something that was central to my life. Like, what if these people who are doing it for free decide that they're tired of it? No more Laugh-In, no more Star Trek?

Maybe we have a basic urge to understand and feel comfortable with the supply chain of things that are important to us. It's probably in our DNA.

(There's also a lot of conditioning about "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't." And lemme tell ya, when I heard that SONAR was about to be renamed and released under a freeware license, it was like, "pinch me, I must be dreaming." It is an incredible deal. How is it even possible? Even for the abandoned SONAR people, to suddenly have a savior swoop in and continue the updates. Too good to be true. So what's the catch? When does it all go sour?)

The funny thing is, Laugh-In and Star Trek were cancelled, and SONAR, hate to use the word, but it failed as a commercial product and is thriving like a mo-fo as freeware. So under the business model that was more easily understood, the program tanked, yet 2 years into the new business model, which has shown no signs of trouble, premiering a huge new feature just in time for everyone to stay home and learn how to use it, some people are still kinda twitchy. As a favorite character on Star Trek might say, I find it....fascinating.

• Like 1