Cakewalk changes my instruments

Sofa

Question

I'm severely upset, I like cakewalk genuinely, but one of my main gripes is that when I save a project and load it back at a later date, say like the next day, Cakewalk changes whatever vst I was using. for example I had two instances of Sitala open in one of my project for drums, and Cakewalk changed both instances into the Tyrell N6 which I had in a different track. in another case I had mini grand and Velvet open and it changed both of them to the SI-bass guitar which I had in a separate track, this is starting to get infuriating, I love cakewalk but if this keeps happening I won't hesitate to switch to another daw. Is it human error? Is it Cakewalk? If you have an answer to this please help, I'm virtually begging (get it?)

7 answers to this question

On 4/11/2020 at 6:01 AM, msmcleod said:

Are you using a Workspace ?  It may be that it's set up to be too "pervasive" in the workspace settings. Try setting it to none, close down Cakewalk, restart it and re-load your project.

My Workspace is normally set to none, could it be something else?

On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 PM, rsinger said:

One thing to note is that in the track inspector there is a program change field. Make sure it is blank.

I can't seem to find this, could you point me to its location?

13 hours ago, rsinger said:

I couldn't find a picture. On the bottom right it says Patch Browser.

12 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling. Apart from the time it takes, it is painless.

I don't know if I permanently solved the problem, But i found the patch browser and nothing was out of place but i did see on one of the tracks that was affected, the out field was switched from the proper vst to another track, ill keep updated on if this is the actual problem or not.